• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera played Rhule again

I also think people lose their silly minds on here. BUT, I can understand the feelings today. We really want to feel good and cheer this team and it has been up and DOWN season. I can take losing, but don't like getting beat by a team that wants it more than us. They really played well and seemed to really be all in on their PLAN (Running the ball). I don't think we need to fire everyone. I understand that the fans really wanted this one! It hurts!!

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Wow.

We lost by less than a touchdown with a guy at QB that has been with us for a week.

They’ve had their QB for two years.

We would have won if our D line was a little bigger physically so we could stop the run.

You know Ron was 8-18 his first two seasons here. And that was with Cam.

He’s pro level because Richardson gave him the time to become pro-level.

Our D line is plenty big. Phil Snow is just a bad coach with a bad defensive scheme.

Morgan Fox, Yetur Gross-Matos, Derrick Brown, DaQuan Jones and hell throw Bravion Roy in there are like a combined 1200lbs.

For some reason Snow thinks it’s a good idea to run nickle and dime with Burns Reddick, Fox and Brown up front when they’re dominating us with the run. Fox is a running stopping DE or pass rushing DT. So you have 3 pass rushers and one guy who can eat blocks and you wonder why it was so easy to run on us. Same poo happened in the Dallas game and even the dumb ass commentators were wondering why we weren’t using more big bodied down linemen since we were getting killed by the run. If you want to have Burns and Reddick out there at the same time against more physical teams you have to be running a standard 3-4 formation with them or the opposing team is going to check to a run and gash us every time. If they’re in an obvious must pass situation that’s different.

it wasn’t until the 4th Quarter until I finally saw a line up front of Fox-Brown-Jones-Matos and guess what, we stuffed their running back for no gain.

Were literally talking basic fundamental football and our coaches aren’t even utilizing the fuging basics.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Our D line is plenty big. Phil Snow is just a bad coach with a bad defensive scheme.

Morgan Fox, Yetur Gross-Matos, Derrick Brown, DaQuan Jones and hell throw Bravion Roy in there are like a combined 1200lbs.

For some reason Snow thinks it’s a good idea to run nickle and dime with Burns Reddick, Fox and Brown up front when they’re dominating us with the run. Fox is a running stopping DE or pass rushing DT. So you have 3 pass rushers and one guy who can eat blocks and you wonder why it was so easy to run on us. Same poo happened in the Dallas game and even the dumb ass commentators were wondering why we weren’t using more big bodied down linemen since we were getting killed by the run. If you want to have Burns and Reddick out there at the same time against more physical teams you have to be running a standard 3-4 formation with them or the opposing team is going to check to a run and gash us every time. If they’re in an obvious must pass situation that’s different.

it wasn’t until the 4th Quarter until I finally saw a line up front of Fox-Brown-Jones-Matos and guess what, we stuffed their running back for no gain.

Were literally talking basic fundamental football and our coaches aren’t even utilizing the fuging basics.

Exactly 

the list of bad play  calls on both sides of the ball were egregious 

Rhule can take his ass and his staff to the ncaa

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Wow.

We lost by less than a touchdown with a guy at QB that has been with us for a week.

They’ve had their QB for two years.

We would have won if our D line was a little bigger physically so we could stop the run.

You know Ron was 8-18 his first two seasons here. And that was with Cam.

He’s pro level because Richardson gave him the time to become pro-level.

You're fighting a losing battle here, man.

When Rivera got here, the cupboard was even barer than it was when Rhule arrived. And Cam's first seasons were well beyond what Heinicke provides Rivera now. Cam is still a former league MVP and played pretty darned well, so let's not compare him to Heinicke like Cam was a handicap to us.

Yes, you're right about the D-line to a degree, but it wasn't all about size, but more about scheme and motivation. 

Rivera is a pro-level coach because he just is that guy. He was a pro player. He was a pro assistant coach. He was a pro coach. He still is a pro coach. He gets great and lasting loyalty from his players and he can get them to run through brick walls when he needs to.

I'm not trying to convince you he's a great coach. Rivera has had his moments, and he's a good coach, sometimes a not so good coach. Rhule, however, was a good rebuilder of college teams and this is his first pro head coaching gig. It's not working out this time and it shows, for him and his college staff which has minimal pro level experience. Rhule would be very competitive in the Pac-12 or SEC right now, had he gone that way. He's just not building a pro team, his team underperforms its talent level on a regular basis.

• Pie 2