• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So does PJ start next week? Does anyone even care?

hepcat

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

So everyone else is at fault when Cam does the exact same thing Darnold got ripped for?   Got it.

Darnold’s issue is he had putrid games while the defense was playing lights out, defense has played like garbage the last two games and we’re supposed to lean on that side more.

the same issues when darnold was under center remain, Cam is better suited however under those circumstances 

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Darnold isn't scoring like at all..  Cam is battling and scoring.. Darnold going 3-4 games without a touchdown and you want me to say he's better than cam? Cam in 3 games has scored more than darnold in what 7? How is that equal?

He had 5 completions and 2 interceptions.  It was an almost historically bad game.   My argument isnt that Darnold is better than Cam.  My argument is that some people are really overvaluing Cam.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He had 5 completions and 2 interceptions.  It was an almost historically bad game.   My argument isnt that Darnold is better than Cam.  My argument is that some people are really overvaluing Cam.

I mean yes the whole TEAM had a historically bad game. You said 5 completions and 2 ints but u didn't add in the touchdown which makes it looks a lot worse. The 5 completions vs how many drops by dj and that second pick is largely on dj as well. My point is it's a combination of things.

We have seen cam can throw the ball accurately and score points over the past 2 weeks. That's good. That doesn't mean he's always going to preform at that level

• Beer 1

I honestly dont know why Cam was starting, the opposing D knows he only has X amount of plays. PJ should have started both games and bring in Cam when needed.

Today the Fins where daring him to pass and Rivera knew how to D him up. He does look rusty or maybe its the shoulder, either way we should have waited until he had the reps and had him start after the bye. Its a lot to ask of Cam to come in here and suddenly be a hero after being out half the season and walk on with half a playbook under his belt.

Now that CMC is banged up again, where back to Sam/PJ/Chuba.

If we are going to rebuild, peel the band aid and take losses, trying to force Cam to carry the team without having the reps and waste CMC doing it is just insane.

Chuba was doing fine and then we go full CMC and hes hurt...with all the talk of Cam, how about CMC? is he done? how about that cap hit? I hate it for him, but there are signs that hes not a full time RB.

Stay with the rebuilding plan, beef up an O line and QB in the draft and lets get on with it. No one guy is going to save this season.

• Flames 1

Carolina's season is done.

If I were the owner and GM, I'd be directing my head coach to "coach up" Cam to determine *exactly* what he has left in the tank to see whether or not he should be re-signed to be a "bridge" to a newly-draftted QB era in the near-future.

If said HC refused, I'd fire his sorry a$$.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Carolina's season is done.

If I were the owner and GM, I'd be directing my head coach to "coach up" Cam to determine *exactly* what he has left in the tank to see whether or not he should be re-signed to be a "bridge" to a newly-draftted QB era in the near-future.

If said HC refused, I'd fire his sorry a$$.

We can’t determine what Cam has left after repeatedly seeing him being wildly inaccurate and losing 10 straight games that he started here?  I am not sure what we need to evaluate here

Either way I am sticking with Cam…at least he can make some plays here and there.

Edited by Shocker

7 hours ago, KillerKat said:

If anyone thinks it's Cam's fault, you are a fuging moron. First int is a miscommunication which is normal for someone thats only been on the team for 2-3 weeks. Moore gets pushed in the back on the 2nd INT. The line and Brady are the real culprits. Lots of people focus on the wrong things because of either stupidity or bias. 

now if this was pj you wouldn't be this understanding or provide context, it would just be "see!? this is why he will never be a nfl player!" 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, t96 said:

It really doesn't matter. PJ is not an NFL QB, Cam is not an NFL QB. Nothing we can do for the future at QB position this year and we obviously aren't winning any games. 

yall said that about taylor heineke. they both were in the XFL, same career, difference is washington allowed heineke to develop, allowed him to make mistakes and learn from them. and pj walker is the better player out of him and heineke. the panthers have not developed a qb since cam newton. they need to pull a washington, but they are not using common sense, they are just reaching and panicking.