• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Move CMC to slot receiver in 2022

Zod

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Move cmc to another team in 2022. Maybe buffalo? We need picks.

His contract is bad, no one will take him unless we eat a lot of it.  But maybe there is something to be worked out or a Watson trade.

Anyway I agree.  I felt this way last year.  He's became that "amazing player but always hurt" role.  If moving to WR for most plays can prevent some injuries it's worth it.  But I don't know if that would help exactly, he may just be broken goods at this point.  I'll never understand what we were thinking, extending a RB still on a rookie deal.   No one is more sad than Rhule and staff they obviously planned on using him as a crutch this year.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I never bought into CMC as a WR but I don't know what else we can do with him now.

fug it....worth a shot.

Remember that seam route last week where he walked into the end zone?

Yea he should’ve been doing stuff like that for a while now.

If Welker can come in as a college QB and do it, CMC will easily be the a huge slot threat.

It amazes me how coaches can somehow look at CMC and see Jerome Bettis. That is the definition of square peg round hole dinosaur coaching.

Meanwhile fresh coaches who adapt and have creativity continue to win. McVay Reid Lafluer…so on and so forth…not a single one would use CMC as a bruising back let alone the only back lol. It’s asinine. 

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 3

41 minutes ago, Zod said:

He is done as a running back. He will never have a healthy season there again.

As a slot receiver he could still be a dangerous weapon and also has a much better chance of staying healthy. 

Here here.  He would be deadly as a receiver and still worth the money we pay him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, countryboi said:

This is stupid, if you dont think he can play running back you need to move on from him but this idea that CMC is made of glass in a league were Kamara is injured, Cook is injured, and Henry is out for the season is ridiculous. 

He has played 1/3 of games since extension.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

He is done as a running back. He will never have a healthy season there again.

As a slot receiver he could still be a dangerous weapon and also has a much better chance of staying healthy. 

Honestly if this staff is still here, it ain’t gonna matter 

if a new coaching  staff comes in, trade him to a mid tier team for a 1st or a second and a a third next year and rebuild this sorry ass team with someone in the Nfl who knows how 

• Beer 1