• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanker's Special: The Teams Seeking a QB in 2022

MHS831

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

the last draft was the one to pickup QB talent.  But Rhule said Sam + a DB is better than going the logical route for a team that kicked Cam to the curb. 

and if there is a top 10 worthy QB in this draft class….we wouldn’t be able to draft him.  A QB needed team ahead of us would.  

and we aren’t in position to trade away any more draft picks for players.   Can’t build a team with no picks.   

Any of them wouldn't work here either but the pick iteself seems to be potentially working on more than one QB depending on Fields as Fields already is hurt and looks avg to bad with a OL and OC not nearly as bad as ours. 

Would hate to see either of them just fuged up good and well here I mean fug can you imagine this staff developing a QB lol. Just with a better coach Jones or Fields would be great right about now but with Rhule I dont' know if anything matters.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Why is everyone obsessed with Howell? He was about the 5th best QB in the ACC.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/453

He has talents but the hype about him here is insane.  The scouts are starting to catch on to this now that they are watching film on him.  Would I be comfortable picking him in the top 10 and rolling him out behind this line.  fug no.  Would I be comfortable getting him late 2nd/3rd and letting him develop, sure thats an option.  But to pick him in the high first wanting him to be your franchise savior is beyond retarded.   Same with Willis, same with Corral.

Build the fuging line and then get the qb.  Its not the other way around.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2

Go with the strength of the draft.

2022 is bad for QB and good for OL.  So beef up on the OL and plan on getting a rookie QB in 2023.

The rookie would walk into a good OL and good defense to support him.

Also maybe add a few beefy TE and RB/FB as UDFA after the draft and plan to ground-and-pound like the Patriots are doing.  

Pickett and Willis don't interest me.  Pickett screams that mid-tier journeyman a la Matt Cassell/Case Keenum.  Willis has looked bad everytime he's even remotely seen decent competition.

There's been rumors most teams see 3-4 1st rounders with Corral being obvious.  I personally know some scouts who are high on Strong (only downside is his knee).  Ridder fascinates me.  Likewise with Howell.

1. Corral

2. Strong

3. Howell

4. Ridder

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The college prospects:
I have no idea if Howell is going to leave for the NFL or not.  In my view, there are 5 who could start in the NFL and one dark horse--

I know his family. FWIW - He is coming to the NFL. He got ahead and will be graduating early at the end of this year.

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

I don't think we will get a true feel for what the Panthers are thinking until after the next five games have been played.  They need to figure out if Cam is going to make it.  If Cam plays well, even just marginally above average given the limitations on that side of ball they'll keep him.  They couldn't afford the blowback from their fan base.  Cam may be polarizing, but he is a proven NFL starter and winner.

I also don't think the staff here want a rookie.  If there was ever a time to draft one, it was last year.

We no longer have any ammo to go after Deshaun.  Jimmy G is interesting, but again, where does the ammo to go get him come from?

I think Cam stays as the starter, Sam stays as the backup (can't afford to cut him).  But that's based on the idea Cam doesn't flame out.

I would not be at all surprised if we bring in a new OC.  Joe Brady has done absolutely nothing to make anyone believe he's the next big thing.  Quite the opposite.  He's failed with two QB's and had a third look very bad last week.

I doubt Cam will be a Panther after this season.  I believe bringing him back was a last ditch effort to save this season and that has fallen flat on its face. 

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Any of them wouldn't work here either but the pick iteself seems to be potentially working on more than one QB depending on Fields as Fields already is hurt and looks avg to bad with a OL and OC not nearly as bad as ours. 

Would hate to see either of them just fuged up good and well here I mean fug can you imagine this staff developing a QB lol. Just with a better coach Jones or Fields would be great right about now but with Rhule I dont' know if anything matters.

That's the thing folks who think we should've drafted Fields have to remember. It would have meant this staff was in charge of developing him.

Nagy and his staff may not be any better but it seems fairly certain they're gone after this season. Rhule's group might be but it's not guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Posted this in another thread but it applies here too.

From a 2016 article in NJ.com:

“After practice, I got to sit down with Coach (Matt) Rhule and my mom and my dad. And it’s my mom’s second time, I think, coming to campus, coming to see it," continued the 6-2, 190-pound three-star recruit. “And she got to meet the coaching staff, so that was another part going into it. But I knew that leading into today’s visit that I was gonna commit.”

The Temple staff, led by Rhule, responded to Pickett's pledge with jubilation.

“He’s very excited,” said Pickett, a pro-style quarterback. “(Quarterbacks) Coach (Glenn) Thomas, all the coaches, everyone’s ecstatic and I’m excited, too.”

QB Kenny Pickett commits to Temple

(Rhule left for Baylor that offseason so Pickett decommitted)

Lock it in....Rhule doesn't turn down an opportunity to get his guy. I do also see Pickett climbing draft boards. I would put him in the same tier as Mac Jones, but below last year's top 4. 

I still hope we go OL, but I can't see Rhule not tapping back into his NJ/Temple roots.