• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Rhule could be next, but probably not this year

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We have the Falcons on Sunday at 1 p.m. If we lose, we'll have an announcement of Rhule's firing by 1 p.m. on Monday.

I think we're that close. Another loss and it's hit the road. Might survive a loss to Buffalo if we win vs. Atlanta. Loss to the Bucs (and that's almost a guaranteed loss) and he's probably out. Lose to New Orleans (a team that has been falling apart all year) and Rhule is on the street.

Personally, I don't think Rhule makes it past this coming Monday.

If we lay an egg on Sunday, it is a certainty that coach has lost the team

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We have the Falcons on Sunday at 1 p.m. If we lose, we'll have an announcement of Rhule's firing by 1 p.m. on Monday.

I think we're that close. Another loss and it's hit the road. Might survive a loss to Buffalo if we win vs. Atlanta. Loss to the Bucs (and that's almost a guaranteed loss) and he's probably out. Lose to New Orleans (a team that has been falling apart all year) and Rhule is on the street.

Personally, I don't think Rhule makes it past this coming Monday.

We could only hope.  The Falcons, while still losing, have been competitive of late.  We rarely sweep them and I think a home loss to to a sub-.500 team should be the final straw.  Plus, firing Rhule this early gives us a leg up in the next search.  Waiting until the end of the season puts us in the same pool as all the other teams needing head coaches.   My worry is we actually beat the Falcons and Rhule gets a life line that needlessly prolongs his tenure. 

My two biggest wants right now is Rhule gone and the highest draft position we can get.  Losing out accomplishes both.  A meaningless win or two screws up one, possibly both of those.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless there's something behind the scenes that indicates Rhule can right this ship, he's gotta go. Based on what can be seen from the outside looking in, Rhule needs to go. Both of his seasons have started out looking promising and then quickly come off the rails.

I’ve been saying all year. He isn’t getting fired after year 2 of a 6-7 year deal. He has to fix the QB situation and at this point I’m not sure if it’s fixable or if they’re going to gut the team trying…but he will get a year 3. Almost without a doubt in my mind. 

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I’ve been saying all year. He isn’t getting fired after year 2 of a 6-7 year deal. He has to fix the QB situation and at this point I’m not sure if it’s fixable or if they’re going to gut the team trying…but he will get a year 3. Almost without a doubt in my mind. 

what makes you think Matt Rhule can fix a QB situation?  His teams never have good QB play.  

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The problem is the qb situation should be clearer at the tail end of year two and it is more murky than when he started here. 

If I’m Tepper, and money isn’t the issue, I’m getting this dude out of the way and letting Fitterer and the new coach come in and begin the building process again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Lame duck in year 3. I see no way this team is a playoff team next year. OL is still a problem and we still need a long term plan at QB. 
Rhule shouldn’t get a year 3. Nothing is gonna change.