• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

this place is so much more hostile about ruhle than it was for rivera in 2013

electro's horse

43 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Rivera’s teams always came out prepared and blew it at the end. They improved as the season went along. Rivera’s teams had late season win streaks in 2011 thru 2015. Rhule doesn’t even have a quality win on his resume in 2 seasons. 

I never thought about the quality win, but you are absolutely right. 

Here are the wins:

at LAC vs rookie herbert

Vs Arizona (probably his best win)

at Atlanta who was really bad last year 

Vs Detroit (PJ walker game)

at WFT (Dwayne Haskins draft pick ruined game)

Vs New York Jets (rookie Zach Wilson game)

Vs New Orleans (Saints missing many coaches, starters, and hurricane issues)

at Houston (Davis Mills game)

vs Atlanta (awful team)

at Arizona (good win but missing qb and top five receiver)

Outside of the two Arizona games, he’s done nothing  

Ironically, his two most signature games are the losses where they stood toe to toe with the packers and the chiefs on the road  

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We were trending up with Rivera/Cam/Luke and we are stuck in the middle of no where with Sam/No OL/Rhule. Had Rhule drafted Fields or Mac this past year and we have a same record with the rookie flashing some potential, that changes the whole perspective for me as a fan. Not only do we have a bad QB in Sam, we are missing precious draft capital and spending $18.5 million on him next year. It’s a very tough pill to swallow…

Valid and true. Im a panther fan so I know the pain. If Rhule stays, he should lose any and all decisions about choosing a QB. 

@ForJimmy you have been playoff-level posting the last couple months.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

I’d like to add that he has losses and has been thoroughly out coached by the following coaches. 

Jon Gruden (no longer in the league)

Matt Nagy (soon to be fired)

Mike Zimmer twice (soon to be fired)

Vic Fangio (may be fired)

Nick Siriani (rookie head coach)

Joe Judge (soon to be fired)

Brian Flores (may be saving his job with this winning streak)

Ron Rivera

Edited by bigdog10
  • Pie 8

10 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Here are the wins:

at LAC vs rookie herbert

vs Atlanta (awful team)

Ironically, his two most signature games are the losses where they stood toe to toe with the packers and the chiefs on the road  

This is a pathetic list. I’d argue he doesn’t have a single good win yet. Even the ones that look good (saints week 2) turn out to be poo in hindsight. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Here are the wins:

at LAC vs rookie herbert

vs Atlanta (awful team)

I mean again, did Rhule take over a power-house talent rich team? Hell no, maybe the worse team in the NFL. Now everyone is demanding this youngest team in the NFL, that was ALSO one the oldest team the NFL less than two years ago.... this team is now a 13 win team?? All in the 1.75 year span?? Now we get upset at every loss and want to burn it down??

@saX man please amigo, send me some coping drugs.... 

Because there wasn’t as many stupid decisions. Like there are always times where the armchair GMs are like “boo” and there turns out to be a reason why the team did it later and it’s like “ah okay” . But the armchair GMs are actually making more sense than the team.

I mean we had Cam, Luke, OL was better than this one-not great. But we were competitive in about every game, just a mistake here or there. This looks like Fido’s ass.

The players look underprepared and uninterested. 

The personnel decisions have been awful. 

The lack of NFL experience is glaring. Of course that's only fixed by gaining more experience, but fans don't want to watch 5 years (or however long it takes) of losing for Rhule to figure it out.

At least 1 of his coordinators should have been NFL coaching veterans, preferably with some head coaching experience.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Because with  Rivera you still had hope you knew the players were playing there asses off for him, plus almost every game we lost was by a TD or less. 

And you could easily see Rivera was a NFL coach, and now we all can see very easily and very early on Rhule has no clue what he is doing. 

Plus what has Rhule done in the past? He hasn't won anything. 

I dont see what tepper seen in him honestly. 

• Pie 2

It's very easy to get. Rhule has one of the least impressive resumes for any college to pro coaches in recent memory. At least Ron had success at the NFL level. So when you see Rhule struggling, you know there is zero hope. You just have to look at the long history of failed college to professional coaches. To make it worse, he is having one of the worst starts to a career of any college to pro coach in the last 20 years. 

So, to me the question becomes, where is there any hope of him digging out of this? Especially when he demanded complete control to even take the job. Well, that is a double edged sword because he doesn't have Hurney to blame. The buck stops with Rhule so he also gets the heat for the terrible personnel decisions too. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

wow…if you don’t understand why the two are talked about/viewed differently…god bless you

I was about to say the exact same thing. 

If this is being asked in a serious manner I'd really have to question whether or not you're actually watching / paying attention to the Panthers.

Of course there were frustrations in Rivera's first few seasons but the team actually improved each year.

Rivera's teams progressed and got better as the season went on.

Rhule's teams have had decent starts the first quarter of the season against weak teams and then proceed to regress to utter dog poo. Back to back seasons with terrible 5 game losing streaks after being over .500. 

That is not the sign of a good coach.

• Beer 1

Rivera's teams may have fallen short, but they never quit on him. They still don't and he's coaching a broken, limping team that just out toughs their opponents (and he completely out coached us this season). Rivera builds scrappy teams, generally underdogs.

Rhule built, well, his bank account. We have a laughing stock team that doesn't even try anymore. 

Back in the day, I was the last on here to give up on Rivera, but eventually I did because it was obvious that that iteration/generation of the team had just worn out. Maybe it was the years, maybe it was the Gettleman garbage, maybe it was the shake up of JR being "forced" to sell. Maybe it was just entropy. But it was time to change. 

And here, I think I was among the first to say that Rhule wasn't going to make it, that he was in over his head. I had an employee once who basically suckered me and my partners by promising us the moon. He came in and talked about all that he could do for us, just follow his lead. Of course, none of his lies panned out, he just took his pay and then we found out he was selling our products and having the checks from the buyers made out to him, but reporting them to us as ones to invoice. We had to get the police involved after that. That guy, bullshit artist and con man, teller of big tales and producer of nothing, had the same spiel and demeanor as Matt Rhule. 

Maybe Rhule isn't a bullshitter, maybe he's just in way over his head. If so, then this fake it until you make it crap just isn't going to work out here. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Basbear said:

I mean again, did Rhule take over a power-house talent rich team? Hell no, maybe the worse team in the NFL. Now everyone is demanding this youngest team in the NFL, that was ALSO one the oldest team the NFL less than two years ago.... this team is now a 13 win team?? All in the 1.75 year span?? Now we get upset at every loss and want to burn it down??

@saX man please amigo, send me some coping drugs.... 

Matt Rhule inherited a team that featured Cam Newton, McCaffrey, Moore, Moton, Burns, Shaq, etc.  

He clearly didn’t inherit the worst team in the NFL.   

• Pie 4