• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross talks arm length (Rhule is full of poo)

Zod

Just to play devils advocate 

it is possible for arm length to be overrated but for BC to actually be better suited at guard.

Maybe he has the potential to be a great guard instead of an average LT.  At this point who knows, either way the staff needs to pick a spot and get him some reps at this point.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Rhule dumb as fug. Remember when we tried playing Kuechly as WLB for his first couple of games? Then the staff said nah he's a MLB for sure and moved him? Rhule would have left him to be WLB because he's dumber than rocks. 0 IQ coach.

Not sure Rhule would have wanted Luke. Real lack of positional flexibility there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

What does an in hot two matter when I see Erving and Dennis Dailey miss their man by a yard with a whiff? SMH

Yeah we're not looking for the best LT in the world at the moment, just someone to actually get in front of their guy and play with effort. Don't understand Rhules all or nothing approach to the situation. You can admit he's a career backup when/if you find someone better. BC did a presser yesterday and still seems as confused as all of us why he's playing guard when he has zero college experience there

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Just to play devils advocate 

it is possible for arm length to be overrated but for BC to actually be better suited at guard.

Maybe he has the potential to be a great guard instead of an average LT.  At this point who knows, either way the staff needs to pick a spot and get him some reps at this point.

Sure, but to specifically say that arm length is why he's better suited to guard is just dumb.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

37 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Is Jordan saying we should have taken BC in the first?

No, I think he was just lamenting his luck at when he was picked. It does seem for sure he was saying BC is/will be way better than a third though. Aka, calling Rhule out for being an idiot, nicely.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

No, I think he was just lamenting his luck at when he was picked. It does seem for sure he was saying BC is/will be way better than a third though. Aka, calling Rhule out for being an idiot, nicely.

I know I know...It was meant in a pseudo trolling sort of jest. 

Now I can't stand Rhule, but I don't think this was an idiot thing.  I mean a ton of other teams passed on Christiansen too, which is why we were able to get him in the 3rd.  Had we passed and he blew up somewhere else....then that's an idiot thing.  But getting a good player in the 3rd because of his arm length is actually not stupid.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, HammerinCameron said:

Who says BC has the technique, footwork, hand placement etc. to make up for arm length .. and Cam had a 120 Rating a couple weeks ago, the line was fine that game. Defense lost that game.

Thats the real deal.

Technique is king and maybe the first 3 items on the list of importance. 

Ive said it before about Dbrown and the same gos for Chirst, if either of them are not better than what panthers drag out weekly....CUT them cause theres no hope...

Thing is Christ has had some good snaps, but not enough for Rhule/staff.....weird. All I can think of is they are trying to protect their ego form getting crushed and ruining them mentality. 

18 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I know I know...It was meant in a pseudo trolling sort of jest. 

Now I can't stand Rhule, but I don't think this was an idiot thing.  I mean a ton of other teams passed on Christiansen too, which is why we were able to get him in the 3rd.  Had we passed and he blew up somewhere else....then that's an idiot thing.  But getting a good player in the 3rd because of his arm length is actually not stupid.

I believe he dropped down boards due to age.  

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

BC did a presser yesterday and still seems as confused as all of us why he's playing guard when he has zero college experience there

Really? I've said Rhule would get at least 3 years, if not 4 before being fired. But if that is the case, show that clown and his staff the door tonight. It's inexcusable for the players to not know what the coaches want from them or why they feel the player would be better at position x instead of position y.

• Beer 1