• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can We Fix The Offense in 2022?

chknwing

Theres not going to be alot available free agent wise and this college class doesn't look amazing for qb's.  Considering Carolinas lack of picks, they may need another rental for 2 years.  I feel a trade is imminent.  What do we think about Garoppalo?  He will almost have to be available.  

Mike Kafka  - Offensive Coordinator

Trade down twice to 15+ acquiring 2x 2nd round picks and probably a 3rd/4th. 

Trevor Penning OT - Draft 1st Round

Carson Strong QB - Draft 2nd Round

Rasheed Walker OT - Draft 2nd Round

John Schmitz C - Draft 4th Round

Garoppolo - Trade for a 3rd

This rebuilds the Oline, gives a decent qb room with Garoppolo, Darnold and Strong and an up and coming qb coach to oversee it.

Short answer?  No.

However, the good news is....we are primed for a total rebuild with tons of cap space and a new GM...right when the rest of the division is heading toward major shakeups.

Oh poo...that's not true...we were primed for a perfect rebuild and the coach, that the owner hired and gave way too much power to, thought we were ready to win now and treated his cap space and future picks that way.

Now we must start all over again, since we didn't do it correctly the first time.  Tepper needs to hire someone that truly understands the NFL, and allow them and Fitt to run the show.  He HAS to get away from this team.  He has proven that if there is a decision to be made, he will make the wrong choice.

• Flames 1

The fact that we’ll need at a bare minimum 3 starters on the line and depth, as well as a re-designed QB room suggests this will be a multi-year rebuild. If we had the picks, or had the money, it could possibly be fixed sooner, but I’m not expecting it to be significantly better until 2023 or even 2024. 

But by then, the defense would have fell apart.

IF, and that is a big if, we can can basically can the entire offensive coaching staff and bring in a crew who know how to get the best out of players and can scheme around the talent that we have, and if we spend the vast majority of our draft capital on the OL, then I think we can be a decent to good offense. QB is still an area of need but OL has to come first. We have talent on the offense, we just need a good line and coaches who actually know what they're doing.

Edited by travisura

14 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Theres not going to be alot available free agent wise and this college class doesn't look amazing for qb's.  Considering Carolinas lack of picks, they may need another rental for 2 years.  I feel a trade is imminent.  What do we think about Garoppalo?  He will almost have to be available.  

Mike Kafka  - Offensive Coordinator

Trade down twice to 15+ acquiring 2x 2nd round picks and probably a 3rd/4th. 

Trevor Penning OT - Draft 1st Round

Carson Strong QB - Draft 2nd Round

Rasheed Walker OT - Draft 2nd Round

John Schmitz C - Draft 4th Round

Garoppolo - Trade for a 3rd

This rebuilds the Oline, gives a decent qb room with Garoppolo, Darnold and Strong and an up and coming qb coach to oversee it.

I don't get drafting a QB in Round 2 if we're also going to be trading for Jimmy G in this scenario.  Use that pick for offensive line help. 

It's not going to be easy, that much is for sure.

This offensive needs a QB, LT, LG, C, TE2, OL depth, and an actual scheme that can succeed in today's NFL while stuck with salary cap restrictions as well as no day 2 picks (though, to be fair, CJ Henderson for a third is actually starting to look like a steal).

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Is Rhule still here? If so, no.

I'm afraid this is probably correct.

For one, if Rhule is still in charge, I can't see him moving on to a different OC. Remember he said that he "went outside his comfort zone" to hire Joe Brady. Jeff Nixon, on the other hand, is well within his comfort zone so it's difficult to think he'd make a change there.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm afraid this is probably correct.

For one, if Rhule is still in charge, I can't see him moving on to a different OC. Remember he said that he "went outside his comfort zone" to hire Joe Brady. Jeff Nixon, on the other hand, is well within his comfort zone so it's difficult to think he'd make a change there.

Matt had his chance to pick OC, now its Fitts turn