• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder: When the panthers are in the playoffs next year under matt rhule all your crybaby overreacting posts this year will be exposed and reposted.

Gipetto

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're right, does the OP have to wear your week old underwear on his head for penance? 🤔

tempting to require that, but i'm not going to fault someone for erring on the side of optimism.

i almost made a thread yesterday asking where all the knights are defending the team and coaching staff are. it was a bit concerning because usually we have a handful of diehards who come in farting rainbows everywhere and i was glad they were in here because at least someone believed. 

i just wasn't seeing that. obviously there are a few optimistic people in here. i'm glad to have them around.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

Our holes are growing at the most important spots. QB, OL and coaching staff.  Cupboards are more empty now than ever at these spots.    

In addition to that, we have sunk pointless money into the RB and WR spot under Rhule.  Rhule made CMC the highest RB in the NFL.  Horrible move for a “rebuilding team”.  His Temple WR is paid more than Adams, Diggs and a host of actual #1 WRs.  He traded away the bulk of our next draft class.  That’s not how you build anything. 

arguing in favor of Rhule is just sunk cost fallacy or being a contrarian for the sake of it. 

We have had the holes at qb and oline since before he got here.  Should he have put more focus on oline?  Definitely.   Does he know that now?  I would pretty much gurantee it.  The season before he got here we had holes basically everywhere and more created by veterans retiring or leaving. 

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

Our holes are growing at the most important spots. QB, OL and coaching staff.  Cupboards are more empty now than ever at these spots.    

In addition to that, we have sunk pointless money into the RB and WR spot under Rhule.  Rhule made CMC the highest RB in the NFL.  Horrible move for a “rebuilding team”.  His Temple WR is paid more than Adams, Diggs and a host of actual #1 WRs.  He traded away the bulk of our next draft class.  That’s not how you build anything. 

arguing in favor of Rhule is just sunk cost fallacy or being a contrarian for the sake of it. 

Yeah but muh year 3!!

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Rivera’s teams actually improved at the end of the season.  We have regressed in every way imaginable 

You are right on. Rivers’s teams almost always start slow but finished strong. Rhule is the exact opposite. I have always been optimistic about the Panthers but this team has regressed in all three phases. Teams have figured out this vanilla scheme on both sides of the ball including special teams. Very hard to watch. 

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

We have had the holes at qb and oline since before he got here.  Should he have put more focus on oline?  Definitely.   Does he know that now?  I would pretty much gurantee it.  The season before he got here we had holes basically everywhere and more created by veterans retiring or leaving. 

Yes and the holes are getting bigger the more time Rhule has been here.  At the most important spots. 

and again, under Rhule we made CMC the highest paid RB, paid his Temple WR more than a lot of legit 1s are making and traded away the bulk of our draft picks next year…

that’s not how you build a NFL team. That is putting yourself in a hole you are creating. 

and on top of that Rhule has laid out no vision, no identity and inspires the opposite of confidence.   Seems to clearly lack the ability to judge talent at OL and QB.  Sam Darnold as the masterplan lol? And botches game management.  Whether that is going for 2 when 1 is the correct call or punting from the opponents 30.   And no team in the NFL dials you worse situational calls based on down and distance than Rhule’s team.   And the final nail in the coffin and his team’s get worse as the season goes on.   

There isn’t an actual argument to keep him.  Just saying he needs time isn’t one when all the above exists.  

I’m willing to give Rhule one more year. At the very beginning of this, we were told to be patient and that this will be a multi year process. He must demonstrate some real and actionable corrigibility this off-season. 

Rivera had the luxury of having a healthy and generational talent at QB and MLB in 2012. I still think the team won many games in spite of Rivera and not because of him and especially in those late season streaks. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Rivera had the luxury of having a healthy and generational talent at QB and MLB in 2012. I still think the team won many games in spite of Rivera and not because of him and especially in those late season streaks. 

Rivera didn’t have the luxury of having a generational QB and LB.  They weren’t inherited. Rivera went out and acquired them.  And Cam wasn’t a no brainer add.  Lot of coaches don’t take Cam.  Cam only moved up to the viewed #1 when it became clear Rivera and Carolina were willing to go that route.   He made those moves.  

Just like Rhule acquired Sam Darnold and a bunch of Temple/Baylor guys. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, CRA said:

Rivera didn’t have the luxury of having a generational QB and LB.  Rivera went out and acquired them.  And Cam wasn’t a no brainer add.  He made those moves.  

Just like Rhule acquired Sam Darnold and a bunch of Temple/Baylor guys. 

That’s a terrible false equation. Rivera “did not go out and get them” lol. 

20 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

That’s a terrible false equation. Rivera “did not go out and get them” lol. 

Yes he did.  He drafted them.  You can’t claim Ron had the luxury of guys he acquired….and use that as a defense of Matt Rhule. 

Ron wanted Cam and Luke.  Matt Rhule thought Sam + a luxury CB somehow was good math over building something.  And again, he traded away building block draft picks in that math equation.   Which makes it horrific math. 

Ron earned a year 3 because he was at least building something.  He had the players and finishes to prove it.  Rhule doesn’t.  That’s on Rhule.

*no disrespect to Horn. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1