• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold on Sunday

ncfan

6 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

You already know us winning a meaningless game is coming. It always happens and drops us from getting the 1 player that would directly improve our situation. Don’t give me the bs of, good players can be found elsewhere. I used to believe that but look where these “moral victories” got us. We could’ve had Justin Herbert, we could’ve had Penei Sewell. Sure woulda coulda shoulda but just admit that we would be a better team if we had a franchise QB and franchise LT as opposed to an underperforming NT and unknown CB. Just lose. We don’t have many draft picks, at least get the chance to recover the lost draft capital.

You are 100% correct. But a whole lot of people on the Huddle said they wanted a win to create a winning culture going forward .

Well,as you pointed out,that winning culture cost us the chance to get QB Justin Herbert, the real deal and a franchise type player.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, PantherBoy95 said:

No one will like this....

I think you put him back out there.

Cam won't be the future of this franchise for years to come which I hate to say. We also literally don't

Darnold is still young, and you've invested important draft capital.  You need to know for sure what you've got in him before the off-season.

PJ is PJ.

team america vomit GIF

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

You had to know this was coming. Rhule stuck his neck out for Sam, gave up draft picks for him and picked up his option next year which means we pay his 18m dollar salary. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if both Rhule AND Darnold are wearing black and blue next year.

puke GIF

6 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

You had to know this was coming. Rhule stuck his neck out for Sam, gave up draft picks for him and picked up his option next year which means we pay his 18m dollar salary. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if both Rhule AND Darnold are wearing black and blue next year.

I knew it, but it doesn't insure either will be here next season.  The odds are not in their favor, well a tad bit better for Sam than Matt. And that's only because his contract is a bit harder to swallow.  They could decide to just cut him and eat the cap hit. Who know?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

That drunk bum is going to trot Sam Darnold out there with a slightly better OL too.

Just watch.

#OperationSabotageCam

I honestly don't think it's about Cam. It's about proving he made the right choice picking up Sam.  As silly as that may be to the rest of us it's all he really has to save his job.  Sam has to play the best game or games of his life to save them both really.  Cam will be thrown out there a few time in hopes of calming the fans.

He's getting desperate. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I honestly don't think it's about Cam. It's about proving he made the right choice picking up Sam.  As silly as that may be to the rest of us it's all he really has to save his job.  Sam has to play the best game or games of his life to save them both really.  Cam will be thrown out there a few time in hopes of calming the fans.

He's getting desperate. 

Yep, all Rhule can do is wait for a turnover and put in Darnold to justify his trade and the 'vision'...so grab the popcorn and be ready for a desperate man who is ridiculously underprepared for the poostorm that he created showing up in full force.

Tepper needs to figure out how to respectfully acknowledge Cam's exit this time. It won't be coming from Rhule, didn't the first time and I doubt he is any happier the second time. Say goodbye, shake a hand and get him out from under Rhule's implosion. Give Rhule what he wants: Sam. 

• Pie 1