• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers first round lock.

Zod

I personally want to draft a LT in the first as we haven't drafted a 1st round OLman in years and it shows. We are in a great position and it is an area of need. But, if all 3 LT are gone before our selection, I want Pickett. He has everything you want in a top 10 QB selection. And most people hating him are the same ones who hated Herbert who is becoming a star. 

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Ridder is so sugar or poo. He has a decent NFL toolkit but his inconsistency is maddening. Similar to Howell in that he has a laundry list of mechanical issues to iron out.

Yea the biggest issue I've seen is he is inaccurate early on especially and then he settles in.  He also has some bad footwork throwing to the opposite of the field sometimes and when he misses he seems to miss short but it's not an arm strength issue.  Hes got all the tools it's just if he can improve a handful of mechanics or not.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

I personally want to draft a LT in the first as we haven't drafted a 1st round OLman in years and it shows. We are in a great position and it is an area of need. But, if all 3 LT are gone before our selection, I want Pickett. He has everything you want in a top 10 QB selection. And most people hating him are the same ones who hated Herbert who is becoming a star. 

So for the latter part of your post, were you listing all the good things about Matt Rhule potentially coming back? 🤔

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we retain Rhule and draft Kenny Pickett... that's it. I'm done. Tepper will have bought a mediocre NFL franchise that had occasionally flirted with greatness and turned it into an absolute fuging laughing stock and NFL doormat. There would just be no point in continuing to follow this trainwreck.

Why Pickett? Rhule sucks, but no reason not to give Pickett a chance if we take him. First round QBs are a crapshoot anyway, we'll eventually get another franchise guy if we take shots. I mean that dude isn't on the roster now, and veteran QBs have shown they don't want to come here. 

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Why Pickett? Rhule sucks, but no reason not to give Pickett a chance if we take him. First round QBs are a crapshoot anyway, we'll eventually get another franchise guy if we take shots. I mean that dude isn't on the roster now, and veteran QBs have shown they don't want to come here. 

Just letting Rhule further drive us into the ground. 

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we retain Rhule and draft Kenny Pickett... that's it. I'm done. Tepper will have bought a mediocre NFL franchise that had occasionally flirted with greatness and turned it into an absolute fuging laughing stock and NFL doormat. There would just be no point in continuing to follow this trainwreck.

You selling your PSL?

7 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Idt Pickett goes top 10 and I think that the staff has realized the OL is horrendous. The best play imo would be to sign someone like Robinson or Armstead and then trade down to get another day 1 or 2 pick. Use the 1st round pick on the best available OL at any position along the line. Hopefully by trading down you get a pick at the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st and that’s where you pick your QB. 

That makes sense.  We're talking Matt Rhule..

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

I like Corral more

I can't fall in love with Corral for some reason. Outside of his athleticism, he just seems so average. 

If we draft him or Pickett, I will begrudgingly get behind it but I will also understand we are probably going to watch us ruin a young QB. That really why I don't want any part of Willis, Howell, Ridder, etc. The rest of the QB's need so much development that we will be unable to give them under Rhule and Co. You are taking guys with high bust potential anyway and then supercharging all their worst qualities.