• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone still trust Tepper at this point?

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

If at any point in your life you deemed it ok to put your hands on a woman without it being a life threatening incident you’re a pos.

Didn't know that's what it was, because I don't deem that ok.  I'll have to look it up.  I was just speaking to what I know of him since he got into coaching and strictly in terms of what he offered in that capacity.

I'll also say, I don't excuse that behavior at all, but I still think people can change and grow.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

People have to earn my trust, I rarely give it out.

Tepper not only failed to earn my trust, he likely made it impossible to ever earn my trust.

He has not made a single good decision since he became the owner of the Panthers.

Please don't say "got rid of the shield", that is complete BS that only weirdo fans would appreciate.

Posts like this are hilarious, huddle is reaching all time cringe/reddit territory

Ok, I thought he was going to do good when he came in, you know, the resume.

He didn't come in and turn over the whole applecart just because. He seemed to be evaluating everyone. Excellent.

Then the media leaks. I don't know if it was him or someone close to him but when the media is quoting inside sources that directly contradict what the owner has said in public it makes said owner seem dishonest. When the leaks turn out to be true even moreso.

Ron and Cam. I think both deserved evaluation. Although the majority of huddlers would throw them both out maybe one or both could have been retained. Mike Tomlin, Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton are good examples of long tenured guys who continue to be the glue while the team reshapes itself and stays competitive. Is Ron one of those guys?! Hindsight says yes. Ron is one of those guys. Was the evaluation correct IF you wanted to "build" a winner?! No. Fans would literally take Ron back to get Rhule out the door. Ron may not have been the obstacle to the success of the Panthers in hindsight. Remember, Ron was philosophically at odds with JR and Marty and Gettleman. He wanted to "shop for his groceries" but never could (more control). Ron publicly vouched for keeping Greg Hardy amid the Ray Rice firestorm and subsequent witch hunt. In hindsight, Fail. Maybe giving Rivera more control like Washington did was the answer. WFT is trending upward in Ron's short tenure. They need a QB( we may stupidly give them that piece) and some good health and I think they'll be trouble. Rebuild trending in the right direction. Kudos to Ron.

Cam. Since Cam is here and really could be the Panthers QB next year, and there aren't any real money QBs this draft like last draft AND we desperately need lineman, I'm OK with that. You know why?! Cam was NEVER the problem. He threw a bomb over Robby Anderson that's going to make me call BS on the degenerative arm theory the haters continue to spout out of their ignorant pie holes. This man jumped off if his couch to come lead this team again, and came back like a bull, off his couch, yeah STFU. I'm not a Dr. but that is a healthy Cam. He's out there GIVING the blows. So was the QB evaluation correct? In hindsight, heck no. Can you build a Superbowl team around Cam Newton? Yes. It was done by the likes of JR, Ron, Hurney. Good thing is OUR Cam has now been inside the Patriots organization and is a huge Intel source. Evaluation (if you want to win) Failed.

Dr.Tepper did keep his promise on getting QB1 back in the building so I think he still has a chance of being a good/great owner. That took humility and creates loyalty.

When I’m paying for tickets, no such thing as ‘give it time’    3 years in the nfl is a lifetime 

this team has regressed in every tangible way.

im internally struggling with whether to continue or not.

Many people that used to be in my section apparently bailed on their tickets during Covid and Rhule’s hiring.      I regret not being one of them 

I didn’t turn them in because I thought surely  this poor excuse  of a nfl coach would have either drafted a qb ot LT in 2020 or 2021…….  More fool me.

my answer is if Tepper, continues with Rhule, there might be 20% panthers’ fans, if that, in that stadium and those fans will come from people like me who sell the tickets and hope for better days without Rhule 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, Icege said:

Only if he stops injecting himself into conversations about the QB position.

Missing $20M + a 6th from this season along with a 2nd, 4th, and $19M from next season all so that Tepper could be appeased.

We could've been sitting here freeing up $21M in cap space with Fields or Jones starting after sacrificing Teddy behind this year's OL.

But we have an owner that thinks like a Huddler. Now look at us: behind schedule and in even greater disarray than before.

You hate to see it. 😕

Why do you think Tepper is responsible for us passing on Fields?  Isn't this the opposite of media reports?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with him.   Just curious what your rationale is RE: QB since it seems kinda the opposite until maybe Cam recently.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Tepper got duped.  Matt Rhule got two or so NFL interviews for the same reasons Joe Brady got them.  NFL teams interview coaches that aren’t really qualified but are talked about.  All NFL interviews aren’t that serious.  The Jets essentially deemed Rhule unqualified and sent him back to college. 

Tepper/Hurney could of let Rhule get on that plane to NY.  Giants weren’t going to hire him once they heard his masterplan for bringing his Baylor/Temple staff 

This isn't really true tho. Rhule didn't want a specific DC the Jets wanted.  I don't remember the exact details but there was mutual interest.  Same with the Giants - in fact Giants just didn't want to pay him what Tepper was willing to.

Rhule was a hot coaching commodity... We don't need to act like we were the only team willing to take a chance cause he didn't work out.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

This isn't really true tho. Rhule didn't want a specific DC the Jets wanted.  I don't remember the exact details but there was mutual interest. 

Jets wanted Gregg Williams.

(yhere was no way anybody but Phil Snow was gonna be Rhule's DC, of course)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jets wanted Gregg Williams.

(yhere was no way anybody but Phil Snow was gonna be Rhule's DC, of course)

Right. I actually think it's totally reasonable for a hc to reject a request for a team to have a heavy hand in picking a staff to the point of requiring a specific DC too.  Otoh, I don't get our need to give him seeming control over personnel...

Whatever tho, I'm still hoping for a new years miracle and a new coach in 2022.  I know, I know...

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 2

Just now, mav1234 said:

Right. I actually think it's totally reasonable for a hc to reject a request for a team to have a heavy hand in picking a staff.  Otoh, I don't get our need to give him seeming control over personnel...

Whatever tho, I'm still hoping for a new years miracle and a new coach in 2022.  I know, I know...

A coach having control over his coaching staff is pretty standard.

Full control? Far less common.

Outside of Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick I can't think of anyone else who has that kind of power right now. Granted, I may be forgetting somebody.

• Pie 2

I was very weary of Tepper with the rumor that he wanted Mike Tomlin fired (Mike Tomlin has never had a losing record)

Definitely lost trust after keeping Marty Hurney and now this Matt Rhule debacle.

Now I'm really wishing Tepper isn't in the mold of Jerry Jones

41 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

This isn't really true tho. Rhule didn't want a specific DC the Jets wanted.  I don't remember the exact details but there was mutual interest.  Same with the Giants - in fact Giants just didn't want to pay him what Tepper was willing to.

Rhule was a hot coaching commodity... We don't need to act like we were the only team willing to take a chance cause he didn't work out.

Reports were the Jets specifically took issue with Rhule wanting to bring in an all college staff. 

Yes, Rhule didn’t want Greg Williams.   But I always took it that the primary deal breaker was Rhule not being willing to break away from his all college staff.   Not that it had to be Williams.