• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone still trust Tepper at this point?

Mr. Scot

Just now, Icege said:

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'm fairly certain I've heard Sheena and ellis mention Tepper's involvement with finding a QB.

Total agreement here that Teddy wasn't the guy, but I think that holding tight on him for one more season would have this team in a better position to improve. Similar record but with resources to rebuild still.

I do get that but as soon as he started throwing the coaching staff under the bus in press conferences I think he is hard to bring back ... Well, and losing consistently.

I don't mind moving on from teddy tbh, it's more disappointing they gambled a 2nd rounder on a busted QB and had the hubris to think they could fix him... Behind a terrible line. Ugh.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, amcoolio said:

-Building a massive new practice facility that is better than the crappy outdoor field right outside the stadium that Jerry thought was okay for NFL players to practice

-Goal of breaking ground on a new stadium in the next 10 years, with additional development around the stadium site, and not a dome

-Took a hands off approach immediately after buying the team, then chose to fire the old regime after they weren't going anywhere

-Opens his pocketbook to pay big money to coach and staff, even if he signed off on the wrong one it is still great to not have a cheapskate

-Aggressive in finding a franchise QB, only to be turned down by Stafford (trade was done) and Watson's penis

-Doesn't have female staffers massage his bare feet

I think you should give him more than a few years, especially since he took over a team that was aged out and without a franchise QB

None of those things make me trust Tepper a little more even in the least.

7 hours ago, Icege said:

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'm fairly certain I've heard Sheena and ellis mention Tepper's involvement with finding a QB.

Total agreement here that Teddy wasn't the guy, but I think that holding tight on him for one more season would have this team in a better position to improve. Similar record but with resources to rebuild still.

I’m in total agreement with this.  I think if we had done that the board would have imploded in the summer rather than September/October but you would still have picks and some substantial pocket money. Instead we got Sam. 

this is gonna suck patton oswalt GIF by RJFilmSchool

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I’m in total agreement with this.  I think if we had done that the board would have imploded in the summer rather than September/October but you would still have picks and some substantial pocket money. Instead we got Sam. 

this is gonna suck patton oswalt GIF by RJFilmSchool

I thought the original plan under Rhule was to rebuild and that fans needed to be patient.  It was going to take time.  Next thing you know, Panthers are trading picks like playing cards and burning through cap space like there was no tomorrow.

Rhule and company couldn't stick with their own plan for more than one season.  

• Pie 5

On 12/29/2021 at 7:21 AM, thefuzz said:

People have to earn my trust, I rarely give it out.

Tepper not only failed to earn my trust, he likely made it impossible to ever earn my trust.

He has not made a single good decision since he became the owner of the Panthers.

Please don't say "got rid of the shield", that is complete BS that only weirdo fans would appreciate.

Quite valid.

Tepper, like Rhule to this point, has to become a completely different in person in terms of MO to gain my trust.

I am doubtful either can.

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I thought the original plan under Rhule was to rebuild and that fans needed to be patient.  It was going to take time.  Next thing you know, Panthers are trading picks like playing cards and burning through cap space like there was no tomorrow.

Rhule and company couldn't stick with their own plan for more than one season.  

I'd've been fine with rebuilding if we stuck with it.

This....whatever it is we're doing...ain't it.

• Beer 2