• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule responds to scathing report of volatile culture

ladypanther

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s ugly for sure.  I do agree though that “anonymous” sources are crap.  Assign your name to a comment or don’t talk.  

So you would rather hear a bunch of coach/player media talk that means nothing over actual responses. Its hard to assign your name to it when Rhule has full control of the team. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't know if I buy the Volatile culture bit.  Or that Rhule has lost the locker room.  But losing tends to breed hostility, and we have been losing a lot, so its not surprising that stories like this will pop up.  

Losing is one thing. Getting your ass whipped while looking hapless and your coaching staff being clueless as to how to change the course of the current events is an entirely different thing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Kudos to some in the local media finally asking some hard questions. Can't believe it, but shoutout to Joe Person for hopefully finally opening the flood gates, and I hope more questions and more stories follow. 

Also, lol at Rhule for ever thinking he could've possibly survived coaching the Giants. Him and GMan in battles over personnel decisions, both wrong, and then facing the NY media? It would've been fun to watch.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Kudos to some in the local media finally asking some hard questions. Can't believe it, but shoutout to Joe Person for hopefully finally opening the flood gates, and I hope more questions and more stories follow. 

Also, lol at Rhule for ever thinking he could've possibly survived coaching the Giants. Him and GMan in battles over personnel decisions, both wrong, and then facing the NY media? It would've been fun to watch.

Rhule vs. Gettleman with the NY media presiding. Now THAT would've been a great train wreck.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Seriously, if he was disconnected from the locker room would he realize that he isn't connected? Would he be hearing these things is there was a disconnect there? 

How does the saying go? If you don’t know who the biggest asshole in the room is then it’s probably you?

31 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s ugly for sure.  I do agree though that “anonymous” sources are crap.  Assign your name to a comment or don’t talk.  

Yeah, no. You think a player making 1 mil plus or someone in the front office is about to get cut or blackballed for putting their name out there.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Losing is one thing. Getting your ass whipped while looking hapless and your coaching staff being clueless as to how to change the course of the current events is an entirely different thing.

NFL players rely on their coaching staffs to put them into position to make plays and win games.  These big plays and stats determine how large their next player contract will be.   So it's not surprising that if coaches aren't doing their job and making it easy for players to do their thing, the locker room will tune them out.  

Incompetence of the coaching staff is easily seen by the players and literally affects the future livelihood of those players. 

• Pie 2