• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper gave Matt Rhule a 7 year $62m contract. Rhule never beat a ranked team as head coach of the Baylor football team.

hepcat

I thought our owner had some savvy and outbid others for a high potential guy.

It was a huge plus to me that he was an offensive line guy and would understand the importance of o line.  WRONG.  Passed up several elite talents in the past 2 years and we have the worst oline i can remember.  

I could deal with all that if we didnt mortgage our future and just stuck to rebuilding.  Trading assets for darnold and cbs will bury this guy

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

So now we're questioning his College resume, excellent(!)

Baylor was razed to the ground when he got there. 

They weren't exactly national championship worthy when he left.

Questions about his college resumé are fair game. Heck, they were brought up when he was originally hired.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They weren't exactly national championship worthy when he left.

Questions about his college resumé are fair game. Heck, they were brought up when he was originally hired.

Let's also not forget that since he left Baylor, they won the big 12, beat 5 ranked teams. I question if Matt Rhule was holding Baylor back.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Once you do a deep dive it becomes more apparent that he wasn’t so great in college either.  The only bowl he ever won was the Texas Bowl. Now he’s coaching an NFL team on a deal that only a championship winning coach should have.

It was always a long shot and should serve as a warning about letting an unimpressive GM pick the HC for the owners. Hint hint, it could all happen again here next year. Some even want this to happen. We are set up for a rerun as it stands so there is that fun ahead.

3 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

It’s truly amazing how many people in this country are borderline illiterate. Studies have shown something like 50% of the country reads at under a 6th grade level. Just saying this because whenever wrote that is in that 50%.

Edited by hepcat

On 1/3/2022 at 4:06 AM, OldhamA said:

You're never shy about bashing the players but you'll throw yourself in front of any and all criticism for the head coach. There really are some odd folks out here.

Let’s be honest. Most of you here deserve all of this. I told y’all Rhule wasn’t qualified when he was hired. Told you that Sam couldn’t be fixed. Me and few others were in the minority. In typical Huddle fashion you failed to see this coming and now you’re upset. This was always the outcome. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Let’s be honest. Most of you here deserve all of this. I told y’all Rhule wasn’t qualified when he was hired. Told you that Sam couldn’t be fixed. Me and few others were in the minority. In typical Huddle fashion you failed to see this coming and now you’re upset. This was always the outcome. 

I have been saying this was a boom or bust for a long time. College coaches don't work out in the NFL, Beat up QBs don't get reformed, and Cam was never going to save this team. Hell Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers couldn't. Even before that I was not so happy about Tepper either. He likes to think he knows more than everyone else in the league yet it's clear he doesn't.