• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is anyone even upset that we lost?

Ricky Spanish

18 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We just lost a division game against the Saints where we had a shot to knock them out of playoff contention, and I don't know if anyone really cares that we lost. As a fanbase it feels like we are beyond the pain of losing and just want to lose more in the offset chance that losing MAY lead to the firing of Matt Rhule and co, when that's not even guaranteed. 

I dunno. I'm not upset we lost, I'm upset Tepper expects me to watch this poo one more game, and potentially next season as well. 

Not worth it homies. Not Worth it. Glad I only caught the very beginning and very end of the game. 

I don’t care.  Watched the whole game and barely remember a moment.  It’s best to forget at this point.  

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nope.  Expected to lose and wanted to lose.  We need to maximize the one high draft pick we have, and hopefully, if we finish winless it gets Rhule fired, but I doubt it.

I was actually surprised Payton didn't let us win.

Payton wouldn't make his pet project Taysom lose. That's more important.

Even during the pointless games during the Fox and Rivera eras where we were far from playoff contention, I couldn’t help but pull for us every Sunday, even if it meant losing draft position. Clearly I remember pulling hard for Clausen & co against the Steelers on a Thursday night many years ago—draft choice be damned! I wanted to win and shut their fans up! (Thankfully, we lost).

Not this year. I couldn’t care less that we lost another game. I saw Cam Jordan celebrating sack after sack,Saints fans celebrating, and I really just didn’t give a damn. All I know is we preserved our draft position and that there’s still an outside chance we end this garbage era and start anew. fug it.

• Pie 1

I'm in the "Fire Rhule's ass immediately club" too but I've come to realize it isn't happening this year and next year's team will for the most part probably look like this garbage again with Sam at the QB spot. I have a feeling Rhule somehow lucks out a .500 record and Tepper keeps him another year after next thinking we are headed in a good direction. I have a bad feeling he is here another two seasons and then finally fired and we can start an actual rebuild with a real professional NFL coach. This scenario sucks but I have a bad feeling it plays out this way.