• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just watch Sam's feet.

Zod

47 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

No. Mental toughness is a thing, getting the ball out quickly is something sam doesnt do. 

Actually when he does get the ball out quick, it's to a checkdown because that's the only person available to throw to after .5 seconds elapsed.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Zod said:

Video from Ellis here. All I want you to do is watch Sam's feet when the ball is snapped. 

That there is David Carr syndrome and is something that he will never overcome. Scared to death when there isn't a reason to be 

He needs to take the 18 mill next season and run into retirement with it.

He's done as an NFL QB.

• Pie 1

I'm not gonna read past the first page.

Mr. Scott brought this up sort of.

Seeing the center of the OL disintegrate makes me barely care about the poo execution of the QB.  This isn't even how the play is supposed to work they just fail embarrassingly.

Still, this is horribly comical.  Sorry Sam at least it aint a butt fumble.

23 hours ago, hepcat said:

Sam was broken before he got here and the Panthers managed to make him worse. Burn it down, this ain’t working. 

He was never very good, at least from an NFL perspective.  Like many college qb's, he looked good because he was on a team that had a lot more talent than the teams he played against.  When he got to the NFL, (where the talent is more evenly distributed), he looked a lot worse.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Coaching makes a huge difference.

Darnold has talent, but he's been David Carr'd at this point.

And hell, I think even Carr could have become a solid NFL starter but from what I've read, the coaching he received his first few seasons was as sh+tty as Darnold's.

I usually agree with u on many things but Darnold is Darnold..he was a turnover machine at USC I believe. I watched him play in one game a drew the conclusion bc in that game I watched him just give the ball away and it wasn't  even close to being an explainable throw. He lost that game by himself and it is the same way now. Some things are coachable and some are not. Too careless.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Where in that back and forth do you see me mention Darnold?

The person you were chatting with was speaking short term. Unless Sam wins NEXT SEASON, then winning isn't on the table and that "nostalgia", you're downplaying will keep fans interested and possibly will allow Cam to exit with the dignity his status in this organization and city deserves.

• Beer 1

Yep. Sam Darnold is just not a good QB. He's a guy who has the physical attributes of a good QB but he just doesn't have it mentally. I'm not calling him dumb by the way. I honestly don't think that there's a huge correlation between intelligence and football IQ. Obviously, it's going to be hard to be a QB grasping an NFL playbook and reading defenses, making checks, etc. if you're a mouth breathing moron but you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar either. Some don't handle the pressure well. Some people can't process quickly enough when the ball is snapped and that's not really intelligence related. That's a lack of instinct because if you're thinking after the ball is snapped you're going to be too slow. To be fast enough you have to be running on instinct at that point. I just think Darnold lacks the instincts.

The line was actually holding for a bit and Sam was acting like he was about to be sacked when no one was there. 
Maybe Sam could of been a decent starter if the Panthers had of gotten him originally but he is broken and no matter what happens all it takes is a team hit him once to make him scared and bad Darnold takes over. 
A better line isn’t going to make Darnold good. 

4 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

The person you were chatting with was speaking short term. Unless Sam wins NEXT SEASON, then winning isn't on the table and that "nostalgia", you're downplaying will keep fans interested and possibly will allow Cam to exit with the dignity his status in this organization and city deserves.

When Ron Rivera talked about trying to help players get the storybook ending they deserved, we all mocked him for it.

And correctly so.

I don't give a flying sh-t about that sort of thing. It's a football team, not a soap opera. You make football decisions for football reasons only or you're doing it wrong.

As to next season, all indications right now are that Matt Rhule is still going to be in charge. Does playing out his final season under this clown show really sound like "exiting with the dignity his status deserves" to you?

Bottom Line: What I expect next season is both an awful lot of losing, and a lot of awful losing. I don't know what quarterback is going to be doing it. At the moment, I don't honestly care because it's going to be a colossal sh-t show regardless.

NFL history is full of great players that didn't have happy endings. Very very few guys go out on top or get victory laps. That's just reality. Newton likely won't be an exception.

To tell the truth, if your honest desire is that Newton gets to end his career with some kind of fanfare, what you really should be hoping for is that he sign somewhere else...

...cuz that ain't happnin' in the midst of this circus.