• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Media Love affair with Rhule

ncfan

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

What’s the deal with it?

Sunday seemed like a Rhule Ad during the game by the Broadcasting crew.

Ian Rapaport was on WFNZ this morning.  And quite honestly was a douche to the guys on the Mac Attack because they criticized Rhule.  Rapaport strongly defended Rhule, again pointing to his time at Baylor. Saying things like “He most certainly deserves a 3rd year.”

also apparently Rhule is a much better NFL HC than Jim Harbaugh.  
Rapaport then went on to defend Sam Darnold and his play this season prior to the injury.

Does Tepper have some of the National Media on his payroll.  Because this is bizarre.  Never have I seen a HC in any sport suck the way he has so favor get the amount of love as if he is a playoff caliber Coach.

Rapaport is a dumbass. You are aware of that, right?

That's why I call him Ian Makeupareport. No filter for his "sources." Doesn't fact check, just blasts it all over Twatter the instant he hears it.

He's a megaphone for office water cooler rumors.

Edited by kungfoodude

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

This Year was a disaster... But I would be an even bigger fool if I gave this guy a 7 year deal and he ran off with a bag after only serving 2 years and being paid again when he goes back to college. 

I don't know, man. I think you'd be an even bigger fool to let the man waste five more years ruining whatever goodwill there's left from wavering fans, and whatever pride that's left from a once-respected franchise. 

Fix your mistake, don't double-down on it. We have too much of that.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't know, man. I think you'd be an even bigger fool to let the man waste five more years ruining whatever goodwill there's left from wavering fans, and whatever pride that's left from a once-respected franchise. 

Fix your mistake, don't double-down on it. We have too much of that.

whoa I didnt say 5 more years. I'm good with firing him after this 3rd season. I want to atleast get half of my investment money worth. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Ron is a respected NFL guy and good dude.   

Offset clause.  Unless Rhule retires for 5 years….you aren’t actually paying him all that money and he ain’t running off with it. 

you just pay the difference in salary. 

We sure thats in the contract? I havent seen the details?

11 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

We sure thats in the contract? I havent seen the details?

Well, offset clauses are pretty normal and standard for NFL HC contracts.  You generally hear about the ones that don’t contain it.  

But it is true they don’t all have them. There are exceptions like with everything.  If David Tepper gave a freaking college coach with a weak resume a big deal without one??! Well, he is an idiot.   And we doomed with a poo owner.   

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, offset clauses are pretty normal and standard for NFL HC contracts.  You generally hear about the ones that don’t contain it.  

But it is true they don’t all have them. There are exceptions like with everything.  If David Tepper gave a freaking college coach with a weak resume a big deal without one??! Well, he is an idiot.   And we doomed with a poo owner.   

I would love to see the details of his contract... Its got to be online somewhere.

Of the reasons I've seen to keep Rhule, the first is always the fact that he turned around Baylor and Temple in year 3. I think this fact is getting overhyped. I'm a hobbyist statistician. From a statistical standpoint, an event occurring twice is merely a suggestion that it could happen again. It is far from a trend or guarantee. There is a common cognitive bias related to the human tendency to assume statistical outcomes will continue in the direction they are already moving. An example would be assuming that because a QB has throw for 3000, 3500, and 4000 yards in the prior 3 seasons of his career that he will increase his season yardage again in Year 4. Rhule has only done this twice before. The substandard quality of the schools, their competition, and their success (or lack thereof) has been discussed extensively. If the main reason for keeping Rhule is that he has turned his prior 2 teams around in Year 3 of his stops there, then it's a bad reason from a statistical perspective.

9 hours ago, ncfan said:

What’s the deal with it?

Sunday seemed like a Rhule Ad during the game by the Broadcasting crew.

Ian Rapaport was on WFNZ this morning.  And quite honestly was a douche to the guys on the Mac Attack because they criticized Rhule.  Rapaport strongly defended Rhule, again pointing to his time at Baylor. Saying things like “He most certainly deserves a 3rd year.”

also apparently Rhule is a much better NFL HC than Jim Harbaugh.  
Rapaport then went on to defend Sam Darnold and his play this season prior to the injury.

Does Tepper have some of the National Media on his payroll.  Because this is bizarre.  Never have I seen a HC in any sport suck the way he has so favor get the amount of love as if he is a playoff caliber Coach.

Oh so Ian Rapaport has been paid to say Rhule deserves a 3rd season because of his time at Baylor? Wonder what he would have said if someone told him Rhule never beat a ranked team in 3 years at Baylor! 0-11 vs ranked teams at Baylor, what now Ian?

At least the fanbase is united against this fraud. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's historically bad former GM Matt Millen.  An endorsement from him is one of the worst you could get.  Maybe 2nd to getting an endorsement from Matt Rhule himself.

Both are Matts and are alumni of Penn State.  

Plus, based on his stint as Lions GM, I'd say Millen is a horrible judge of talent.

So there's that.

10 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's historically bad former GM Matt Millen.  An endorsement from him is one of the worst you could get.

Matt Millen wasn't "endorsing" anyone...

...he was simply functioning as a qualified and informed reporter and reporting on what the Panthers players told him during Fox/NFL Network pregame productions meetings.

If you are unfamiliar with said meetings some color available here:  Pregame production meetings crucial for NFL broadcasts

• Pie 1