• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After thinking about it, if I were Tepper I would probably keep Rhule

Cdparr7

I want this guy fired as much as anyone, but thinking about it from Tepper’s perspective (and ego) keeping Rhule 1 more year makes sense. Not to us fans because it’s clear to us and probably to DT too.

-By keeping Rhule 1 more year, Tepper can give him another season to prove himself to the media, and everyone else that Rhule needs to be terminated and he’s not going to be the messiah everyone thought. It also allows Tepper to display he’s not a hot head whose impatient and going to fire the next coach on the spot.

-Rhule is almost certainly going to cause the team to crash and burn this season, which guarantees a higher draft pick (and full draft board) it also gives us a throw away season where we can play a ton of young players and allow them to gain experience while giving us another year to unload some of these heavy contracts we have (Darnold, McCaffrey, Anderson)

-It allows him to see another year of Fitterer. If Scott isn’t the answer, I could see Tepper letting him go with Rhule and bringing in 2 new guys.

-It gives Dave a whole year to eyeball who he wants for the vacancy.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Rhule might be sticking around but for the sole purpose to tank next season. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 2