• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A quarter of the league...

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't need additional reasons to fire him other than that he's terrible at his job.

What takes crazy, weird, borderline ridiculous scenarios to justify is hanging on to him.

look a that chart in the link above... how many coaches will want inherit THAT?

2 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

look a that chart in the link above... how many coaches will want inherit THAT?

But it's gonna get much better after another year of Matt Rhule having full power...how, exactly?

I mean, if people wanna suggest that the owner who called Marty Hurney a great talent evaluator then handed the keys to everything over to Matt Rhule is secretly playing some kind of genius 4D chess game (the brilliance of which will all become apparent a year from now) as opposed to just making yet another in a series of dumbsh-t decisions, they're free to believe that.

Me? I'm... skeptical 😕

• Pie 3

It doesn’t matter anymore it’s because over, Fhule is getting another year. No use in complaining no more, Tepper don’t give a poo. So us fans shouldn’t give a poo and not attend his games. Let him lose some money and hopefully we don’t get no new stadium either. No use in wasting our time anymore 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Each year there close to 7 openings. Check the history, I think only one year there was only 2 or 3 the others were around 7

Possible openings next season:

• Jets (back-to-back losing seasons)
  • Browns (if they miss the playoffs again)
  • Chargers (unlikely, but decision making of the HC did lead to them missing the playoffs)
  • Lions (back-to-back losing seasons)
  • Falcons (unlikely if they pick a rookie QB)
  • Cardinals (Kingsbury was on the hot seat again during the late season slide)
  • Seahawks (possible retirement)
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

We're trying to play chutes and ladders in a chess tournament.

lol

I mean yea mage made about the only fugin remotely valid thing you could spin it and that's the competition now for HC jobs...maybe now we'll be one of only like 2 HC firings next year and we get the pick of the litter.

OFC thats lucking into it as Tepper had no way of knowing any of this and his derpy silence just reeks of inaction, ineptitude, and 

TepperClown.jpeg

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...has now fired their head coaches.

Meanwhile, David Tepper sits around with his thumb up his ass hanging on to Matt Rhule while other teams go after the best available candidates.

I guess I just don't see the point of going on and on like this every day. Despite my own feeling on this, I knew back in November that Teppers wasn't going to fire Rhule. 

Whether y'all cared to admit it back then or not, it's pretty damn obvious by now. So whether we agree with it or not, continuing to harp on what the rest of the league is doing isn't going to change anything.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not just about the fans though...

For older players, this could be one of the last few years of their careers.

For younger guys, a chance to have a solid year building toward a future payday gets short circuited by an incompetent coach.

And then there's guys like Dan Morgan and Samit Suleiman. They've previously been talked about as future GMs, but nobody's even so much as asked permission to interview them this year. Does it become more likely after another sh-tty season of Rhule football?

For us, it might be just another season of bad football. But for the people who are part of the team it's real life, a full year out of their careers shot all to hell.

And again, they don't get those years back 

Its a business

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...has now fired their head coaches.

Meanwhile, David Tepper sits around with his thumb up his ass hanging on to Matt Rhule while other teams go after the best available candidates.

It tells me that it’s a bad year to be looking for a new head coach as the competition will be high and the probability of landing the one you want will be lower. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possible. But in doing so, he screws over fans, staff and players who have to deal with another year of Rhule's incompetence.

Nobody's getting that time back.

Not only that but the years of forward damage rhule will inflict.  That concerns me

more than his failure in the coming season.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not just about the fans though...

For older players, this could be one of the last few years of their careers.

For younger guys, a chance to have a solid year building toward a future payday gets short circuited by an incompetent coach.

And then there's guys like Dan Morgan and Samit Suleiman. They've previously been talked about as future GMs, but nobody's even so much as asked permission to interview them this year. Does it become more likely after another sh-tty season of Rhule football?

For us, it might be just another season of bad football. But for the people who are part of the team it's real life, a full year out of their careers shot all to hell.

And again, they don't get those years back 

Forgive me if I have little actual sympathy for guys that hitched their wagon  to a falling star and will still pocket more money than I could ever dream of making.  Drafted guys are a different matter.

11 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean.  It might actually make more sense to wait until next year to look for a candidate.  People might hate to hear it, but at this rate, the Panthers could potentially be one of very few teams looking for a new HC next year.  We could conceivably have our pick of the litter.

And no, this is not me defending Rhule.  Just me being rational.  Very good chance we have a better opportunity to nab a great candidate next year than this year.

I don’t understand this line of thinking…

Dont get a new coach now because other teams are looking.  So we wait til everyone is hired then go get our guy a year later.

Does the talent pool reset every year or am I missing something?

• Pie 1