• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McaDoo to interview for OC job

Jmac

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Sustained offensive drives and less bad field position would be the best help for our defense.  I also think they still finished as a top 5 defense in a lot of metrics even with those factors.

Points allowed: 21st

Rushing yards allowed: 18th

Passing yards allowed: 4th

Total yards allowed: 2nd

Football Outsiders DVOA : 15th

Not my favorite selection, but when you look up MacAdoo’s history, this guys has an impressive resume and extensive experience with offensive position coaching including OL, QB, QC and TE. The HC experience, although it didn’t end well, could be just what Rhule needs to balance his own fallacies. Maybe not the “ rockstar” the fans are clamoring for but he may be just what we need. And some guys are just better as coordinators than they are as HC. Check out the history below:

a coach:

Edited by Prowler2k18

5 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Sustained offensive drives and less bad field position would be the best help for our defense.  I also think they still finished as a top 5 defense in a lot of metrics even with those factors.

Metrics dont mean anything when teams can just put a jumbo set on the field and run all over our D. We seen it against the cowboys and the WFT. 

5 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

I didn’t think this team could get more embarrassing but here we go.  Ben Mcadoo is probably the biggest laughingstock of a head coach along with Rhule of the past decade (at least top 5).  He was ungodly bad with the Giants, when they still had some talent. 

He'll fit right in here.

13 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont know about long term damage as long as they dont really really fug up this draft.   It worked out pretty well in 2001 and 2010.  Identical situations IMO.  The key as I stated is dont let rhule overdraft some jack off qb at 6 and trot him out behind this dogshit line.  That is a recipe for disaster.  That move would really really set us back a bit.  Build the line, make rhule play darnold, and keep plowing ahead.  2022 is going to suck no matter who the coach is.  0.0% chance we make the playoffs so might as well go all in on a rebuild.  Something as you know we should have done in 2020.

Think free agency too. They can nuke our cap with panic moves. Same with trading draft capital.

• Flames 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, kungfoodude said:

Think free agency too. They can nuke our cap with panic moves. Same with trading draft capital.

One thing is the cap number for 2022 at the start of 2021 was around 110 million. All those 2021 FAs borrowed form that year (Reddick, fox, bouye, erv, elf, etc) and Shaq&CMC pushed money into the future. Plus the wasted Cam 4.5 million in season, took form the roll over..... Now theres around 35 with the roll, what a joke coming form 110 ........and they are NOT any better.

Finesserereereerer magic....200.gif

2 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Indeed he will. Clownshow of a franchise.  He’s legit one of the top 5 worst head coaching fire of the past 20 years, right alongside Rhule.  Fitting those clowns are together

McAdoo was only a coach for two years and he took his team to the playoffs his first season. There are plenty of coaches who never smelled the postseason.