• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What current Panthers starters would be starters on the Chiefs or Bills?

11 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Let me put it to you this way, you listed 11 players that would start for the Chiefs/Bills. Do you think saying our starters are pretty much equal, all things considered (50/50 split). And that our only problem is o-line/qb? Several teams tore through our defense, especially towards the end. I don't think our defensive roster is as good as people here make it out to be.

In all fairness - The Bills defense gave up 45 yards in 9 seconds.  I’d like to think Gilmore, Chinn, Burris, and Horn wouldn’t have allowed that 

• Beer 1

The homer crowd won’t like what I say.

Watching the games this weekend, it was a stark visual of how poor the talent and coaching on this team are right now COMPARED TO THE CREAM OF THE CROP IN THE NFL 

The panthers overall talent is average to mediocre and I really do not see how this current regime of coaches and players could ever be better than 6-10  most of the players on the roster are backups to the top 8 teams 

as for truly great players,      mccaffrey and Gilmore when healthy, that’s it 

above average,     Moore and Moton, reddick .   Horn, who knows  the first five games last year, the only ones he played  in,  were not exactly against top tier teams 

the rest are average of below    Burns is in this category because of his poorness against the run and the number of missed tackles   His discipline needs work

the truth is even defensively, their ranking is fool’s gold    When did they ever stop a team to win a game?  Or so inflict their will that the other team was concerned about them ?

I don’t like saying it    I just know what I see    

Others see it too, including potential free agents.  

Unfortunately, the one who needs to see it the most, doesn’t.  

Edited by raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

In all fairness - The Bills defense gave up 45 yards in 9 seconds.  I’d like to think Gilmore, Chinn, Burris, and Horn wouldn’t have allowed that 

The problem was they gave Tyreek Hill way too much space.   That was a great playcall by Reid.  Very few can keep up with him when he has that much space to operate with.  

Bills defenders were kinda doomed on that first play.   

15 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Hassaan Reddick and Taylor Moton? Maybe Shaq? That's 3/22

RB: Christian Mccaffery

WR: DJ Moore

DE: Bryan Burns

S/LB: Jeremy Chinn

RT: Taylor Moton

LB: Shaq Thompson 

LB: Hasson Reddick

CB: Stephon Gillmore (Assuming you mean 2021 roster)

That's 8/22. CMC would start for 90% of the league when healthy.

Let's not pretend both teams didn't just give up a combined 78 points... We need a O-Line and QB, not an entire roster revamp.

The Chiefs defense sucks because they run a hybrid 4-3 like the Panthers do. Good teams can easily expose the defense because your formation usually is a dead giveaway in that scheme for what you’re trying to defend. 

The chiefs defense looked much better a few years ago when they ran a traditional 3-4 but switched to a hybrid 4-3 since they didn’t have the proper personnel to run Spagnolos 4-3. A guy like Frank Clark on the chiefs is being asked to play DE and getting abused in run defense because he should be a stand up OLB in a 3-4 much like Brian Burns. They brought in Melvin Ingram Who plays the same pass rush OLB in the hybrid 4-3 that Reddick plays for the Panthers. These hybrid college-esque defensives have down time and time again they don’t work in todays NFL.

I don’t know why teams hire coordinators who don’t fit with their current core of players.

Both teams need all panthers CBs, bills lost the 2nd most important player near seasons end- Tre'Davious White.

CMC

Shaq

WRs as others hit on

Chinn

Panthers do have less talent, but they not Lions tier. Panthers if health and returned all 2021 players, would have the best DB in the league. 

6 hours ago, Smithers said:

I mean the players didn't decide to rush 4 and play soft zone 15 yards off the ball, that drive was on the coaches. Maybe if the Chiefs were out of time outs that works. OT was a different story they did get gashed