• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

LinvilleGorge

15 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s awesome to see a mod trolling on here.   Simply awesome.   But please by all means tell me how I need to back off lol.   

You have repeatedly personally attacked people for simply holding a different view of draft prospects than you do. You take this stuff way too personally. I just laugh at you when it's directed toward me but when you direct it towards others I gotta do something about it.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You have repeatedly personally attacked people for simply holding a different view of draft prospects than you do. You take this stuff way too personally. I just laugh at you when it's directed toward me but when you direct it towards others I gotta do something about it.

dude...........

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So I'm watching more tape on Howell and I'm seeing way more stuff I DON'T like about his game

First and foremost:

The ball pats and windup. Holy crap, I am not sure what his average time to throw is, but I'd wager it's one of the worst in the class thanks to the ball pat he has to do before he throws, and then his long, outfielder like windup to throw the ball. It is bad. Really bad. Generally speaking, throwing motion isn't something that can get coached out at this point (see Cam Newton and The Golden Calf of Bristol as examples). This is a problem not only for secondary guys getting a jump on him, but also D-Linemen being able to get sack fumble son him at the next level due to the eternity it takes to get rid of the ball. 

Secondly: He does not seem to process the field quickly. I don't know if that's the offense UNC runs, but he doesn't seem to move from his reads quickly. 

The more I see the less I like, especially at 6.

Howell is sliding down my personal board. 

Malik Willis and Sam Howell have been so difficult to evaluate.

The stats uplift Howell and bury Willis, but watching the game itself uplifts Willis while burying Howell.

Pickett and Corral are in a similar boat for me. Advanced metrics don't look great, but on the field looks much better.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Icege said:

Malik Willis and Sam Howell have been so difficult to evaluate.

The stats uplift Howell and bury Willis, but watching the game itself uplifts Willis while burying Howell.

Pickett and Corral are in a similar boat for me. Advanced metrics don't look great, but on the field looks much better.

Any QB at #6 is a massive reach. I like Corral the best of the bunch (albeit he has major background red flags by all accounts), but I'd pass on them all / trade down. 

This isn't the year to get a QB, at least not one that doesn't require several years of grooming. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

This isn't the year to get a QB, at least not one that doesn't require several years of grooming. 

This is said pretty much every year. You folks who don't want a QB under any circumstances would be best served to avoid draft talk for the next few months because watching three years of Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold guarantees it will be under heavy consideration like it or not.

13 hours ago, Shocker said:

Prove this…no he wasn’t.  Russ was very, very average in college.  Why wasn’t he picked until round 3 again?  Because he was so great right?

Let's just have a list of NC State qbs that started a game in the last few years vs UNC qbs that did. I said a few so you wouldn't have a goose egg.

I think if you take any of the QBs then they’re going to have to sit and there will have to be a legitimate veteran QB ahead of them. Not Darnold.

Fitt is going to have to find a veteran free agent willing to come in and be a starter for a little while to break in the rookie. 

The only reason he may not is that he may remember what happened with Russell Wilson and Matt Flynn. They signed Flynn (mediocre starter) and drafted Wilson. Wilson came in and immediately took the job.

If they get the feeling someone like Corral could learn quick they could just try to fix the line and roll with a rookie. 

• Pie 1

I didn't listen to the radio spot posted, but reading all of this for Howell definitely reminded me of Will Grier's college career.  Their stats are pretty similar and having seen them both play in college, not too far apart.  I'd take Howell late in the draft to keep a competitive QB roster, but wouldn't put him in the top 5 QBs. 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Let's just have a list of NC State qbs that started a game in the last few years vs UNC qbs that did. I said a few so you wouldn't have a goose egg.

I’ll give ya Rivers. Very good QB numbers wise but certainly not good enough to take his team to the next level. 

Mike Glennon

Jacoby Brissett

Ryan Findlay 

you sure you wanna brag about those last three? 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure how you reconcile this statement with your post questioning whether Sam Howell banged someone's wife because he doesn't like him.  Would that qualify as one of those personal attacks that you would feel obligated, as a mod, to "do something about"?