• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alright screw it, take Pickett

RumHam

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Gimme Willis in a trade back where we're able to add him and OL on Day 2. I need to see those picks back in the 2nd and 3rd, we have too many holes to just select at #6, then wait until the 4th. 

People can have their draft grades and opinions but after what the Bengals have done in short time there will be at least a few teams desperate enough for a quarterback to draft Willis earlier than expected.

19 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Certainly you’re not basing this on his production at the collegiate level.

Who’s production are you talking about, Josh Allen or Malik Willis? Nothing about Josh’s college stats look all that impressive. 

I was talking about their shared athleticism anyways. 

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Gimme Willis in a trade back where we're able to add him and OL on Day 2. I need to see those picks back in the 2nd and 3rd, we have too many holes to just select at #6, then wait until the 4th. 

I find it funny and ironic that Willis has done so little yet is the hot name now.  Last year when I wanted us to take Tray Lance, the dude's game was put under a freaking microscope by some people here and picked apart.  We have a weak QB class and a guy that can't hold a candle to Lance is getting super hyped. 

Lol, our fan base is desperate.  Willis is R-A-W folks and a highlight film composed of 90% run plays for a QB isn't impressive to me.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I find it funny and ironic that Willis has done so little yet is the hot name now.  Last year when I wanted us to take Tray Lance, the dude's game was put under a freaking microscope by some people here and picked apart.  We have a weak QB class and a guy that can't hold a candle to Lance is getting super hyped. 

Lol, our fan base is desperate.  Willis is R-A-W folks and a highlight film composed of 90% run plays for a QB isn't impressive to me.

He has a nasty habit of throwing off his back foot and trying to muscle throws

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

All looks true but I will take raw over extreamly limited. Maybe raw will see the next round of coaches.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule assures Rhule of another losing season. 

Remember it's a process, so improving on 5 wins is a step forward in the 7-year plan.  Rhule can do that managing Darnold's game and building the OL, but he can't do that with a rookie QB, especially in this class.

No to Pickett. Looks like he may be falling out of the 1st round. Here are the QBs ranked by the interest coming out of Charlotte.

1. Malik Willis

2. Sam Howell

3. Desmond Ridder

4. Aqeel Glass

5. Kenny Pickett

6. Chase Garbers

7. Carson Strong

8. Bailey Zappe

9. Matt Corral

10. Cole Kelley

One of these QBs is catching fire among front offices. In the past 3 months, he went from undrafted, to a 6-7 round pick, to a 3-5 round pick, and now there may be a few teams willing to take him late in the second round.

First round hype for QBs in 2022 is stale. I am excited to see how this large pack of QBs will fair from the 2nd to 6th round. None of these QBs are worth a top 15 pick.

Just now, TheBigKat said:

You follow the Cardinals model… keep drafting a QB until you know you have the right one… then go build a team around them

Or you can have the Pittsburgh model where they build a competitive team and then draft a rookie QB with enough efficient parts around him to be successful.  I mean Big Ben went to the playoffs as a rookie and won the SB in his second season.  Same with Tom Brady in his second year.  See the trend?  You don't have a crap organization, with crap coaches that has a crap track record and think you can draft a QB and they will save the franchise.  Sure, #1 overall picks like Burrow and Murray pan out with decent teams and good coaching.  Two problems here, our team is not even decent and there's not a QB worthy of the #1 overall pick even if we had it.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

No to Pickett. Looks like he may be falling out of the 1st round. Here are the QBs ranked by the interest coming out of Charlotte.

1. Malik Willis

2. Sam Howell

3. Desmond Ridder

4. Aqeel Glass

5. Kenny Pickett

6. Chase Garbers

7. Carson Strong

8. Bailey Zappe

9. Matt Corral

10. Cole Kelley

One of these QBs is catching fire among front offices. In the past 3 months, he went from undrafted, to a 6-7 round pick, to a 3-5 round pick, and now there may be a few teams willing to take him late in the second round.

First round hype for QBs in 2022 is stale. I am excited to see how this large pack of QBs will fair from the 2nd to 6th round. None of these QBs are worth a top 15 pick.

What??????? I have yet to see any big board even remotely looking like this.  Zappe being about the only one is the correct spot on some.