• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Kept Secret at the Senior bowl (Panthers Interest in Pickett)

ncfan

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I see people talking about Willis like he's another Cam Newton.

When I do, I always wonder if those people actually remember how good Cam Newton was.

Willis is nowhere near that good. And he's certainly not the freakish athlete Newton was.

Willis reminds me a lot more of RG3 than Cam Newton.  I highly doubt there will be another Cam Newton for a LONGGGGG Time. 

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I see people talking about Willis like he's another Cam Newton.

When I do, I always wonder if those people actually remember how good Cam Newton was.

Willis is nowhere near that good. And he's certainly not the freakish athlete Newton was.

Nobody is saying he’s another cam Newton. People are mentioning they went to the same HS and he played on Cam’s 7 on 7 team.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Nobody is saying he’s another cam Newton. People are mentioning they went to the same HS and he played on Cam’s 7 on 7 team.

Which, while a cool fact, doesn't really mean anything.

Bottom Line: There's not a single quarterback that I would want in the first round this year, not at number six for sure.

But I won't be surprised if we pick one anyway.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which, while a cool fact, doesn't really mean anything.

Bottom Line: There's not a single quarterback that I would want in the first round this year, not at number six for sure.

But I won't be surprised if we pick one anyway.

If we don't draft a LT at 6 I might, seriously, literally, be done with this team for a while.  No point in drafting a QB this year if the line is just gonna be the same dog poo we've seen for the past few years.  We don't have 20 mil a season laying around to just sign a guy like Armstead, and we have seen what discount shopping for o linemen in free agency gets you.  

They had Marty in Oregon salivating over Justin Herbert, to my great excitement only to draft D.Brown instead.

They passed on a QB in the deepest QB draft in a decade to draft a CB. 

Now Rhule is trying to pull off another home town hookup to further crash this franchise into the dirt. 

This guy's obsession with only people he's tried to recruit or has played for him before is the #1 mistake of his NFL HC tenure.

He didn't coach at an elite program thus players he could recruit were not of the elite variety, tweeters, overachievers. It doesn't work. He's on the hotseat.

Jim Harbaugh had the opposite results in his HC stint. Built a no nonsense approach and marched that team to a Superbowl. Not this destroying to "build" failure.

Pay Harbaugh.

Unless you are losing and flopping on purpose....

Plus I'd rather have a real former NFL QB and HC pick our next QB not this absolute stupidity that the media is now mocking lusting after a five year starter. THATS not who you draft at #6.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

Huddle - we must draft a QB and take a chance on hitting on a prospect 

Huddle 1 year later - it’s stupid to draft a QB with our top 10 pick

I have no issues taking Pickett if we address the OL in free agency.  Sign a C and OG/OT, lean on BC and Brown, and grab a QB to generate some dang excitement.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Well that would kill any maybe on Fitt. If he is that bad of an evaluator he also needs to go wothout any doubt.

How embarrising but not surprising.

I was saying down the stretch that Fitts absolutely needs to go along with Rhule. No GM willing to take a job baby sitting a college coach who has final say on all football matters is simply not a GM worth having. Hell, it's not a GM at all. The guy doesn't even negotiate contracts. He's just the head scout with a GM title.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

Willis reminds me a lot more of RG3 than Cam Newton.  I highly doubt there will be another Cam Newton for a LONGGGGG Time. 

Closest comp is RW to me. Willis can get chased down but he has elite initial burst and escapability. Beautiful deep ball, very good backyard football player but needs development in the pocket and reading nfl defenses. Similar to RW coming out. I’m taking the chance on that at 6 then a Teddy bridgewater comp.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, joemac said:

If we don't draft a LT at 6 I might, seriously, literally, be done with this team for a while.  No point in drafting a QB this year if the line is just gonna be the same dog poo we've seen for the past few years.  We don't have 20 mil a season laying around to just sign a guy like Armstead, and we have seen what discount shopping for o linemen in free agency gets you.  

We actually have plenty of cap space available.  Over 100 million next year.  Plenty of way to work a contract to avoid a big hit this year.  I have zero doubt we are going to be active in FA along the OL.  And there is plenty of talent hitting the market.  Remember, we may be able to get away with signing a top G and C and rolling with BC at LT and Brown at RG.