• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walterfootball is finally leaking what the Huddle knows about the Panthers

CashNewton22

Of course Tepper is meddlesome. He was on the phone with Christensen even before Rhule was. There are actually people who think Hurney chose Rhule lol. As frustrated as we have been with Rhule he didn't hire himself or give himself full control. You know damn well the Giants brass were laughing their asses when Rhule took our offer to them. We should have hired a consultant but the same man who wanted Mike Tomlin gone wanted to run the show. Now he's nowhere to be seen.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 4
  • Poo 4

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Of course Tepper is meddlesome. He was on the phone with Christensen even before Rhule was. There are actually people who think Hurney chose Rhule lol. As frustrated as we have been with Rhule he didn't hire himself or give himself full control. You know damn well the Giants brass were laughing their asses when Rhule took our offer to them. We should have hired a consultant but the same man who wanted Mike Tomlin gone wanted to run the show. Now he's nowhere to be seen.

Yep. Blaming Rhule completely on Hurney was always just passing the buck. You don't give a guy $70M and full control unless you're sold head over heels.

• Pie 1

In general I'm sympathetic to coaches who want full control.  Like Bill Parcels said "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."

But the Panthers are coming off of a 5 win season.  And after CMC got injured, the team completely tanked with a 2-12 finish.  The Panthers had bottom-of-the-barrel stats on numerous measures.  

So, in my mind, Rhule has lost any justification for full control over this team.  The 2021 season showed his personnel choices, contracts given out and player usage were, for the most part, quite poor.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

In general I'm sympathetic to coaches who want full control.  Like Bill Parcels said "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."

But the Panthers are coming off of a 5 win season.  And after CMC got injured, the team completely tanked with a 2-12 finish.  The Panthers had bottom-of-the-barrel stats on numerous measures.  

So, in my mind, Rhule has lost any justification for full control over this team.  The 2021 season showed his personnel choices, contracts given out and player usage were, for the most part, quite poor.  

I generally think a coach should get his way.  

But that all assumes you have a decent coach.  If you have an unqualified idiot? Well, you end up giving up your 2022 draft picks for the worst QB in the NFL because your college defensive coordinator told you to.  This only ends one way.  And that became clear a long time ago.  

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

Chances are Rhule didn't agree to coach the Panthers without an agreement/contract that stipulates he has final say.  Tepper wouldn't be able to just snap his fingers and force Rhule to give up his power over personnel decisions.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Tepper is a clown as is a Rhule. We ended up with the worst owner in football and it’s not even close. Until Tepper hires the right coach and stays TF out of the way this team is going to suck. 

So new owners with no real nfl experience still is expected to be a expert about the nfl. So I'm guessing you think you could run a nfl team with no mistakes, and chose the right coach when you'd only been in the league 2 years before hiring the first head coach of your tenure.