• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You’re Matt Rhule…. What are you doing?

ncfan

Put yourself in Matt Fules shoes.
Throw opinions out on him. And no you can’t fire yourself 

Just make yourself the current Panthers HC

Your seat is the Hottest out of any seat in the entire league.
You know you pretty much have to make the playoffs next year while playing what looks to be one of the toughest schedules in the league next year

Just to save your job.

Your OL is in Shambles and you have swung and missed on QBs in your first 2 years.
You Have to both fix an entire OL AND get a QB
Because like Baseball
1 strike
2 strike
3 strikes 
You’re out.
Coming up empty finding a QB 3 years in.  You’re pretty much toast

You have no capital.
You have middle of the road Cap Space.  Limited draft picks.

For the QB spot.  In order to upgrade.  You can trade for a Vet like a Jimmy G or draft one.
Trading for a Vet starter will cost you a top 100 pick. 
Our only pick in that range is 6

Or draft one.

You can trade players to get more capital.
But the only guys that will bring you back a top 100 pick needed for the QB are
Burns, DJ, or a Chinn

Now ask your self this
Are you willing to part ways with 1 of those young guys for a 1 year rental of Jimmy G?

Also remember.
We still need at least 2 solid starter caliber OL this offseason.

So what’s your plan?
Knowing you have to fix BOTH in order to even have a Shot at retaining your job?

You could trade down Draft Charles Cross at OT
Pick Up an additional 2nd and use that on OL.
And still end up losing your job because the situation at QB.

What are you doing 
Because this is the actual situation we are in

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Put yourself in Matt Fules shoes.
Throw opinions out on him. And no you can’t fire yourself 

Just make yourself the current Panthers HC

Your seat is the Hottest out of any seat in the entire league.
You know you pretty much have to make the playoffs next year while playing what looks to be one of the toughest schedules in the league next year

Just to save your job.

Your OL is in Shambles and you have swung and missed on QBs in your first 2 years.
You Have to both fix an entire OL AND get a QB
Because like Baseball
1 strike
2 strike
3 strikes 
You’re out.
Coming up empty finding a QB 3 years in.  You’re pretty much toast

You have no capital.
You have middle of the road Cap Space.  Limited draft picks.

For the QB spot.  In order to upgrade.  You can trade for a Vet like a Jimmy G or draft one.
Trading for a Vet starter will cost you a top 100 pick. 
Our only pick in that range is 6

Or draft one.

You can trade players to get more capital.
But the only guys that will bring you back a top 100 pick needed for the QB are
Burns, DJ, or a Chinn

Now ask your self this
Are you willing to part ways with 1 of those young guys for a 1 year rental of Jimmy G?

Also remember.
We still need at least 2 solid starter caliber OL this offseason.

So what’s your plan?
Knowing you have to fix BOTH in order to even have a Shot at retaining your job?

You could trade down Draft Charles Cross at OT
Pick Up an additional 2nd and use that on OL.
And still end up losing your job because the situation at QB.

What are you doing 
Because this is the actual situation we are in

I’m laughing at the huddle meltdown over my supposed cluelessness. Because I know 10x more football than any dipshit, overweight, BBQ eating fug on here. 

Edited by Actionman0z
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I say fug it and draft Malik Willis at 6, go with Moton and Christensen at the tackle positions, keep Elflein at center as he seemed like the least horrible option of the motley crew we played there in 2021, start Brown at one of the guard positions, and then dumpster dive for another guard.  Willis hasn't had his head caved in like Darnold yet and would be an injection of excitement which might save my job so I can fug it all up next year as is Panther tradition.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I have no doubt that any one of the Panthers previous Head Coaches could walk in on day one of next season and get more out of our roster than Rhule (even if he were given an entire off season to prepare). 

And yeah, every one of those previous coaches were ultimately fired for their lack of success.  Which begs the question, why is Rhule still the Panthers Head Coach considering he is the worst coach in Panthers history (based on his record)?

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 1

Trade for Watson, restructure and backload a couple contracts to bring in at least two starting caliber Olinemen, bring back either Jackson or Gilmore whoever is cheaper, let Reddick walk as he'll want too much money having him and burns makes us too light upfront to stop heavy running teams, extend DJ moore, and trade back a couple of times to get more draft capital to select an off-ball linebacker, a safety, and some Oline depth. Then walk into phill snow's office and make him put Chinn back at linebacker. 

Edited by CmC2k

Rhule:

Pay Day Money GIF

IDK what the hell Rhule will do. I also don't know if any one can or wants to stop him. Tepper is a ghost, Fitts could just let Rhule burn and hope to step in next, what say does McAdoo have and then there is the fact some free agent or trade guys will not be lured here at this time. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Sleeping on a pile of cash and seeing what college is going to throw even more money next year when Carolina fires me and still owes me a ton of money.

I can’t feel sorry for the man, but he is just out of his element in the NFL. Maybe he can get lucky like the Bengals coach and have a player save his NFL career, but I don’t see that happening…

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1