• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MMQB: Multiple NFL Evaluators Say There's Not a Single Starting QB in 2022 NFL Draft

PanthersGOATFan336

Willis has the skill set to start in the right system, but he has work to do.  There could also be a sleeper--if you think you know better go back and check your comments about Jones last year. 

We have to try and trade back, even if we lose some draft capital--

I see a "talent cliff drop off" around 12, so a team with a later first and second rounder may want to move up for a top 10 talent.  I would not mind a tackle like  Raimann or Penning and it is possible that Cross could fall.  Linderbaum could slip as well. 

We should go into this season with the idea that we will protect Darnold and see how much he improves.  I still see us going hard after Watkins--and I see us being active in free agency by signing an inside OL or two.

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Willis has the skill set to start in the right system, but he has work to do.  There could also be a sleeper--if you think you know better go back and check your comments about Jones last year. 

We have to try and trade back, even if we lose some draft capital--

I see a "talent cliff drop off" around 12, so a team with a later first and second rounder may want to move up for a top 10 talent.  I would not mind a tackle like  Raimann or Penning and it is possible that Cross could fall.  Linderbaum could slip as well. 

We should go into this season with the idea that we will protect Darnold and see how much he improves.  I still see us going hard after Watkins--and I see us being active in free agency by signing an inside OL or two.

Noooooo. Not Darnold again…. Please give me Mitch, Mariotta, Minshew anyone but him. Honestly if Mitch comes cheap he wouldn’t be the worst idea providing we draft OL, sign FA OL, and develop our own OL. OL, OL, OL or OLOLOL. 

8 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Reach for a QB we get set back 3-5 years, OL build a foundation and get a generational QB when the time is right. 

If Fitterer is smart he’ll take the tackle and just realize….if we suck we’ll be in position for Stroud, Young, Rattler, or one of the other 1st round players. Who probably all have better tools than the guys coming out in ‘22.

Let’s be honest, at the end of the day these evaluators are wrong just as much as fans. In recent memory, a lot of evaluators were super low on Herbert where as Marty Hurney was super high on him… just goes to show that no one really knows anything.

At the end of the day it’s a crapshoot but you stand to do better if you draft players with a supreme work ethic (i.e. Cam Newton).

Edited by MillionDollarCam

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Let’s be honest, at the end of the day these evaluators are wrong just as much as fans. In recent memory, a lot of evaluators were super low on Herbert where as Marty Hurney was super high on him… just goes to show that no one really knows anything.

At the end of the day it’s a crapshoot but you stand to do better if you draft players with a supreme work ethic (i.e. Cam Newton).

Yeah Herbert underperformed, Mahomes mad bad throws and was a system QB, Allen couldn’t read a defense, Watson had too many turnovers…. 

9 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Reach for a QB we get set back 3-5 years, OL build a foundation and get a generational QB when the time is right. 

honestly sincerely impressed there are still people willing to post this after how often this dumb thought process has been laughed at

”wait for a generational QB”

like lol

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Herbert underperformed, Mahomes mad bad throws and was a system QB, Allen couldn’t read a defense, Watson had too many turnovers…. 

Yep, it’s always something.

I don’t have a magic 8 ball so I don’t know who or if any of these guys are going to amount to anything but odds are that at least one of these QB’s develops into a starter.

I definitely think Willis, Howell, and Corral have some tools to work with.

Edited by MillionDollarCam