• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

let's see your top 6 selections for Carolina's 1.6 pick

BlitzMonster

21 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Give six selections in your preferred order for Carolina's 1.6 pick.  That guarantees the team will get one of your players.  

1) Charles Cross LT MISSISSIPPI STATE

2) Ikem Ekwonu LT NC STATE

3) Evan Neal LT ALABAMA

4) Matt Corral QB OLE MISS

5)  Bernhard Raimann LT CENTRAL MICHIGAN

6) Tyler Linderbaum C IOWA

Great post @BlitzMonster

Mine…basically the best available…for us:

Ikem Ekwonu LT NC STATE

Evan Neal LT ALABAMA

Nakobe Dean ILB Georgia

Kayvon Thibodeaux DE Oregon 

Charles Cross OT Miss

• Pie 2

I only go with players in the 1st round that demonstrate top talent, competitive edge, intuitive thinking, years of exceptional leadership, and a passion/dedication to the game that they have carried with them since before they stepped on a high school field. These are the only players I have confidence to have 10+ years of production. There are only 11 players in the my top 40 talent pool that make this cut.

1. Devin Lloyd ILB Utah

2. Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa

3. Jermaine Johnson OLB/Edge DE FSU

4. Aidan Hutchinson DE Michigan

5. Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

6. George Karlaftis DE Purdue

• Pie 3

OK

Ikem.  This guy is gonna be a consummate pro.  At LT or LG he gonna elevate those around him.  

Cross.  Years from now he is a David Bahkrati forgive the spelling type player.  Pass pro expert.  

Neal.  Is a monster.  A offensive lineman produced in a lab. Not a perfect creation though could be better suited on right side despite all his natural talents. 

Hamilton.  Chinn and Hamilton is game changing.  It's a left field choice but if those two mesh and are healthy opposing offenses got big problems.  

Linderbaum.  Center is super under rated.  Solid foundation piece. Give BC a year at LT, Moton is the rock, and have a full on competition with hungry rookies with improved coaching and oline is a strength.  

I guess we need to talk QB.  Begrudgingly cause a Stingley, Gardner, Jermaine Johnson, Ojabo, or Dean are all uber talented players that could develop into pro bowl contributors.  But give me Corral.  Not sold on Pickett.  I trust the SEC guy over the one year wonder in the ACC. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It may sound weird but the love for Linderbaum is interesting considering the small hands worries on Pickett (I don’t want him at 6). Linderbaum is, I believe, the smallest C prospect and some of his weaknesses are around getting bull rushed and needing more power. I have shades of Elflein/Paradis looking light in the pants and being bullied and those guys are heavier than Linderbaum.

Linderbaum actually makes me a bit nervous.  I've read that he is somewhat scheme dependent, what if we get a new coach down the road who runs a different scheme.  Do you want to be scheme dependent at pick 6?

The size has to be somewhat of a concern.  At the college level the size difference between him and the DL wasn't as great as it will be in the NFL, that next tier of opponent can sometimes be the ceiling and why you see great college players struggle at the next level.

Its like when a great college power forward who is 6'7 struggles in the NBA.  In college on a given night he might be bigger or the same size as his opponent, occasionally he might go against someone bigger but in the NBA almost every night he is.

With a top 6 pick I'm looking for great tape and perfect measurables, I'm trying to reduce all of the risk I can.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2