• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riot: Panthers to take a major swing at QB?

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Potential head coaches with other suitors also know that. That's my concern right now. Rhule is going to leave us so gutted that anyone with other options is going to choose another option. You're basically dooming yourself to failure taking a job coaching a bad team saddled with limited roster building capital.

That's one way to keep your job. Make sure it's so bad no one else will want it.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, ellis said:

Spoke w/ Mark Schofield yesterday. Mark does great work for USA Today, particular on the film side. He suggested Garoppolo would be a good scheme fit for McAdoo in Carolina, though I didn’t necessarily see it as endorsement by Mark for Carolina actually making that move. I do think there is some validity to the buzz the Carolina might try to pursue Jimmy G, based on prior and recent reporting from Breer, this analysis by Schofield, and my own sourcing. 

What is the point of giving away more picks and our future for a QB no better than Darnold. Look at Jimmy G's Oline top 5 and weapons (Better than ours) and coaching (Much better than ours) how the hell is he going to be anything but much worse??? What a joke we are. We have already tried this 3 times already....INSANITY.

1 hour ago, ellis said:

Spoke w/ Mark Schofield yesterday. Mark does great work for USA Today, particular on the film side. He suggested Garoppolo would be a good scheme fit for McAdoo in Carolina, though I didn’t necessarily see it as endorsement by Mark for Carolina actually making that move. I do think there is some validity to the buzz the Carolina might try to pursue Jimmy G, based on prior and recent reporting from Breer, this analysis by Schofield, and my own sourcing. 

Garoppolo originally played in an E-P under Josh McDaniels then went to a Shanahan style WCO under first Mike LaFleur then Mike McDaniel. So yeah, scheme fit at least makes sense.

If we get him, I'm guessing we're gonna need someone named McDaniel running the offense 😐

(or maybe someone named Mike) 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1