• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer: Panthers "between a rock and a hard place" at quarterback

Mr. Scot

Here is a picture of the rock and the hard place we all all stuck with:  

20211213_112205.thumb.jpg.5c24c49b3dabb30ada9bb266ba73c6e2.jpg

These two willingly traded for Sam and picked up his 5th year option. They are not fixing anything, they ain't got what it takes. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Here is a picture of the rock and the hard place we all all stuck with:  

20211213_112205.thumb.jpg.5c24c49b3dabb30ada9bb266ba73c6e2.jpg

These two willingly traded for Sam and picked up his 5th year option. They are not fixing anything, they ain't got what it takes. 

Yeah I’m not big on Fitterer I probably will get pooed on but he’s just here to be Rhule’s yes man. We should’ve never hired any coach that makes all the decisions especially one that’s never been a head coach in the NFL. So now we need a new coach and GM imo.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I’m not big on Fitterer I probably will get pooed on but he’s just here to be Rhule’s yes man. We should’ve never hired any coach that makes all the decisions especially one that’s never been a head coach in the NFL. So now we need a new coach and GM imo.

The 'give Fritterer a shot to rule' crowd is desperate and that is how you move from one mistake to the next.

If we were doing a GM search today with no ristrictions his name wouldn't even be in the pile of good options.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Honest question for the group.

What evidence exists that would make any reasonable Panther fan feel good about our front office making a good decision concerning QB selection and development?

the absolute sh1t show at the QB position during Rhule’s tenure is absolute incompetent garbage. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm seeing Winston trending lately and some decent stats to back it up. Pre-injury last year he was putting together a very solid season. He's also a year removed from eye surgery as well. 

While all QB-needy teams are looking for the next Stafford-LAR evolution, would Jameis be that guy here?

Draft Cross/Lindebaum at 6, bring in a premier FA OG and roll it back with Winston under center. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton didn't get signed because someone from the Panthers read the Huddle and thought "Hey, that's a good idea". The whole notion is stupid and delusional.

Not to mention that if any team official was dumb enough to go on the internet looking for ideas, we'd be even more screwed than we are now.

Why is the Panther bot here then Scot? They care like a m'f. When the team store can't sell a damn thing because there is no star, they give a damn.

For all the Cam hate I can't understand the desire for some people to suffer through things to gain anything.

I or anybody who suggest Cam Newton return again have a better and more valid point than most. Cam was a star on a weak  New England roster but a focal point for better or worse while they reloaded after TB. He wasn't washed up like you and the organization thought.

As a matter of fact he still looks good and to me, and as someone who has watched him his whole career in Carolina, he seems to be a better QB than when he left here. More mature. I saw him go through 4-5 reads at times. He didn't have that processing speed when he was here. Still has a great arm. They and you said he was washed up. I'm glad he continues to make you doubters look foolish whether that be in a Panther uniform or another like the Commanders who could give him a look if we don't.

If we'd rather watch one of the best to ever do it, it's better and much more entertaining than the sht show the turn over the apple cart crowd has banged their drums for throughout Cams tenure.

19 hours ago, Waldo said:

Just make him play Sam, it's the best option for everyone else.

lol, the Panther's fan base has been so demoralized and dejected that we would accept Sam being our QB again. 

2021 offseason Darnold: "yay! He may be our savior and franchise QB!" 

2022 offseason Darnold: "Play him because we suck and don't have any options!" 

19 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Why is the Panther bot here then Scot? They care like a m'f. When the team store can't sell a damn thing because there is no star, they give a damn.

For all the Cam hate I can't understand the desire for some people to suffer through things to gain anything.

I or anybody who suggest Cam Newton return again have a better and more valid point than most. Cam was a star on a weak  New England roster but a focal point for better or worse while they reloaded after TB. He wasn't washed up like you and the organization thought.

As a matter of fact he still looks good and to me, and as someone who has watched him his whole career in Carolina, he seems to be a better QB than when he left here. More mature. I saw him go through 4-5 reads at times. He didn't have that processing speed when he was here. Still has a great arm. They and you said he was washed up. I'm glad he continues to make you doubters look foolish whether that be in a Panther uniform or another like the Commanders who could give him a look if we don't.

If we'd rather watch one of the best to ever do it, it's better and much more entertaining than the sht show the turn over the apple cart crowd has banged their drums for throughout Cams tenure.

Yeah, a bot posting stories doesn't mean they care what we think. Maybe if they had an actual person, you'd have an argument. They don't. Hell, if they really cared what we thought, Matt Rhule would probably be done by now.

As to Newton, he was on the roster for six games, and didn't even start all of those. When Darnold was healthy they put him back in, even in obvious short yardage situations.

So as far as Newton coming back, a few things:

One: Sources, including some who would very much like to have Newton back, think the Panthers probably don't.

Two: Newton isn't what he used to be, and while he did okay for a few games, he might not have a full season in him.

Three: Perhaps most important, Newton has said that he's "not coming back for 5-12", and it's not real hard to figure out what he meant by that.

I get that you want Newton back, and prime Newton back, but at some point you'll need to start accepting reality that it's likely not happening. And no wacky scenario your brain can come up with is going to change that.

Edited by Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, Waldo said:

The 'give Fritterer a shot to rule' crowd is desperate and that is how you move from one mistake to the next.

If we were doing a GM search today with no restrictions his name wouldn't even be in the pile of good options.

Exactly.

Tepper after firing Ron Rivera:  “Marty Hurney is one of the best recognizers of college talent in the nation. Period, OK,” Tepper said. “I don’t want to lose that. And he’s also not a bad manager.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/panthers-owner-doesnt-want-to-lose-g-m-marty-hurney/

David Tepper has demonstrated horrible judgement and done everything ass backwards when it comes to staffing this organization.

The way forward for David Tepper:

Find the most qualified/experienced NFL executive with a winning track record and hire them to do a search for your next GM.  Hire that GM and then step back and let them build your team.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Exactly.

Tepper after firing Ron Rivera:  “Marty Hurney is one of the best recognizers of college talent in the nation. Period, OK,” Tepper said. “I don’t want to lose that. And he’s also not a bad manager.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/03/panthers-owner-doesnt-want-to-lose-g-m-marty-hurney/

David Tepper has demonstrated horrible judgement and done everything ass backwards when it comes to staffing this organization.

The way forward for David Tepper:

Find the most qualified/experienced NFL executive with a winning track record and hire them to do a search for your next GM.  Hire that GM and then step back and let them build your team.

CE955277-3BBE-48EE-BA40-E07A40B4527C.gif

• Pie 1