• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have reached out to Minnesota for Kirk Cousins

ncfan

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cousins isn't bad, but he hasn't struck me as great either. The Vikings paid for "great" but the best they ever got out of him was "pretty good".

Is he better than what we have? Probably, but I'd really like to know what we're thinking of trading if we go that route.

I still somewhat follow the Vikings since I used to be a fan of theirs before the Panthers were created. They have one of the same weaknesses that we do (just not as bad as ours) which is the OLine. Cousins isn't my first choice of QB's BUT if we actually attempt to try and fix our OLine I'd be interested in seeing what he could do with better line. That being said, I could also see the possibility of us doing something stupid, trading for him and not fixing the line and getting him killed like all the other QB's that have come here recently.

Edited by ichigo1057

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not for your average NFL team, but I wouldn't put it past Rhule and whoever else gets to make the decision to overpay. Vikings fans think we should swap 1sts and send them Darnold, maybe a 2023 3rd rounder. Then they figure out something to do with Darnold..

What pick do the Vikings have in the draft again?

1 hour ago, joemac said:

IDK bro. 

So you’re saying you “don’t know” if you’d give up the #6 pick for a guy who you claim is a franchise QB and one of the best QBs in the league?

If he’s absolutely everything you claim he is, trading the #6 overall pick for him is an easy decision.  Franchise QBs don’t grow on trees.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Cousins is a nightmare scenario because he’s good enough to be around .500 and take us out of contention for a top rookie QB.

I’d rather stick with Darnold and tank or even draft Pickett because at least a rookie could morph into something unexpected sometimes. 

Yep… not a fan of drafting a rookie QB in 2022.  But its a helluva lot better decision than speeding down Overpriced Retread Highway for the 3rd year in a row.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

An zrticle from Yahoo Sports with more detail on the radio segment...

From the article...

On Monday’s edition of Purple Daily, Judd Zulgad of SKOR North noted that the Panthers recently inquired about the three-time Pro Bowler—who is on the final year of a two-year, $66 million mega extension.

“They have gotten a call. Now, from what I’ve heard, it went nowhere so far,” Zulgad said. “But it’s interesting that the phone did ring at TCO [Stadium] in Eagen and on the other end of the line . . . the Carolina Panthers.

“Quarterback-desperate. Panicked, I’m sure. I think if Matt Rhule and the Panthers don’t have a successful 2022, he’s probably going to be fired ’cause that has not worked out. They cast their lot, in 2021, with Sam Darnold—didn’t work out. And so I’ve heard that the Panthers . . . now the Vikings supposedly said ‘Hey, let’s put a pin in that conversation. We don’t plan to move him now.'”

With Cousins set to earn a whooping guarantee of $45 million in 2022 and the Vikings moving into a fresh regime with new head coach Kevin O’Connell, rumblings of a pay cut for the 33-year-old have surfaced in Minnesota. And Cousins’ presumed refusal to entertain such an option (and why would he?) is what may keep a potential trade to Carolina alive according to Zulgud.

“But putting the pieces of the puzzle together—Kirk’s demands, or refusal to take a pay cut, leaves me to believe that the Vikings at least would have the possibility of picking that phone back up,” he added.

As of now, it seems as though O’Connell is looking forward to working alongside Cousins—as they did in 2017. But if money talks, it may have plenty to say about whether the Vikings end up keeping their quarterback or reeling in a sucker to take him off their hands.

27 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The 12-14 range IS mediocre.  He put up big numbers.  So what.  That offense is absolutely stacked, and he has not shown the ability to win the big games.

Trading assets to then pay a guy top 3 money to be a 12-14 QB is just madness.  It's objectively bad.

Going into year three with Rhule, I'm getting the distinct impression that he thinks he's required to pay for a minimum of two starting QBs.  One QB for the Panthers and one former Panthers QB to play for some other team.  Rhule is burning up about 40M a year on QBs when half that amount would get just as good of a performance (maybe better) from the position.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

An zrticle from Yahoo Sports with more detail on the radio segment...

From the article...

On Monday’s edition of Purple Daily, Judd Zulgad of SKOR North noted that the Panthers recently inquired about the three-time Pro Bowler—who is on the final year of a two-year, $66 million mega extension.

“They have gotten a call. Now, from what I’ve heard, it went nowhere so far,” Zulgad said. “But it’s interesting that the phone did ring at TCO [Stadium] in Eagen and on the other end of the line . . . the Carolina Panthers.

“Quarterback-desperate. Panicked, I’m sure. I think if Matt Rhule and the Panthers don’t have a successful 2022, he’s probably going to be fired ’cause that has not worked out. They cast their lot, in 2021, with Sam Darnold—didn’t work out. And so I’ve heard that the Panthers . . . now the Vikings supposedly said ‘Hey, let’s put a pin in that conversation. We don’t plan to move him now.'”

With Cousins set to earn a whooping guarantee of $45 million in 2022 and the Vikings moving into a fresh regime with new head coach Kevin O’Connell, rumblings of a pay cut for the 33-year-old have surfaced in Minnesota. And Cousins’ presumed refusal to entertain such an option (and why would he?) is what may keep a potential trade to Carolina alive according to Zulgud.

“But putting the pieces of the puzzle together—Kirk’s demands, or refusal to take a pay cut, leaves me to believe that the Vikings at least would have the possibility of picking that phone back up,” he added.

As of now, it seems as though O’Connell is looking forward to working alongside Cousins—as they did in 2017. But if money talks, it may have plenty to say about whether the Vikings end up keeping their quarterback or reeling in a sucker to take him off their hands.

He is due 45 million dollars in 2022.  And some on here want this.  Godalmighty

• Pie 3