• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still interested in Watson!

pantherj

I don’t think I could support the team if we acquired Watson.

I guess it’s possible that every accusation is false and he could be proven not guilty. However, there would always be that doubt over whether he did or didn’t do what he was accused over with that many accusations, and on top of that, could be trusted going forwards. 

Personally I’d have a hard time with us acquiring Watson. Much like had we signed Big Ben this off season to a short term deal. I’d rather us look elsewhere for our QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Why cant we build a franchise up like a normal team?  Why do we explore doing crazy poo and actually do crazy poo. 

If a moron like me knows you build through the draft and top things off in free agency once you have a baseline for a roster.  Dont make stupid fuging trades giving up crazy capital when your team is so far away from competing.  Stop taking shortcuts.

Say we get watson, hell lets say he plays next year, how the hell are you building the line and filling in the other holes?  What type of salary cap nightmare scenario will you be in when you get cmacs and watsons deal on the books, then you have to extend Burns and Moore and God knows who else.  This is just turning into a clusterfug of epic proportions.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If a moron like me knows you build through the draft and top things off in free agency once you have a baseline for a roster.  Dont make stupid fuging trades giving up crazy capital when your team is so far away from competing.  Stop taking shortcuts.

If David Tepper wanted to spend tens of millions of dollars a year to make the Carolina Panthers a competitive franchise, you'd think he'd start by hiring an NFL executive with a long history of building winning organizations, not some NFL novice from the college ranks w/a college win rate of .552% and bowl record of 1-3.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

The Panthers and their fans need to get over finding a proven commodity QB for the time being. The Bridgewater/Darnold debacles have set this franchise back. Any attempt to overcorrect at this point is going to set the franchise back farther by way of cap room and draft capital.

The organization has to play the long game at this point (hello, Jay-Z. LOL), and the fans need to understand that. Does it suck? Yes, but it may be the only way to save years and years of turmoil for the team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Nope, he needs to get clear first and that isn't looking good, overall or for the 2022 season.

So far he is a guy I can only cheer against.

If he gets cleared I think teams across the league would enter the sweepstakes at that point.  So, Watson to Carolina won’t happen IMO…ever

• Beer 3

He's a good qb for sure, but 

1. If any part of what he's being accused of is true, he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL again period. I'd leave the Panthers as a fan if they traded for him or signed him in any way shape or form. 

2. The draft capital to accure him would be astronomical. 

Absolutely not worth the headache

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

He's a good qb for sure, but 

1. If any part of what he's being accused of is true, he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL again period. I'd leave the Panthers as a fan if they traded for him or signed him in any way shape or form. 

2. The draft capital to accure him would be astronomical. 

Absolutely not worth the headache

And we would still need to build the line.

So in closing, we would be in cap hell with premium draft picks.  Who in the hell thinks this is a good idea?

• Pie 3

Watson, who appears to be a criminal sexual predator, according to several credible NFL sources has no interest in playing for the Panthers, yet for some reason despite all the red flags the panthers are still trying to force something to happen that the football universe has already decided. What a pathetic franchise the panthers have become. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1