• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB options Ellis Willams Charlotte Observer

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Kyler got happy feet when the defense got in his head. He also started holding the ball too long. Both are death nails for an already bad oline.

Kyler is so hard to judge, bc that air raid offense had the offensive talent to run at a premium. I dont know how much of that was Kyler. He defintely has a rocket for an arm, and dont get me wrong id be hyped if we had him.

However, im concerned about the following:

1. Durability 
2. Longevity 
3.  how easy it is to rattle him
4. How many times he has depended on the WR winning the jump ball
5. The screen game amping his numbers

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Kyler is so hard to judge, bc that air raid offense had the offensive talent to run at a premium. I dont know how much of that was Kyler. He defintely has a rocket for an arm, and dont get me wrong id be hyped if we had him.

However, im concerned about the following:

1. Durability 
2. Longevity 
3.  how easy it is to rattle him
4. How many times he has depended on the WR winning the jump ball
5. The screen game amping his numbers

He is easily rattled. I do not get to watch him much but what I have seen he still looks like a college qb. He's holds the ball too long and is easily flushed from the pocket.  If he can't overcome that by making plays he folds.  He may overcome it but right now he looks uncomfortable in the pocket and like a rookie more than a pro.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He is easily rattled. I do not get to watch him much but what I have seen he still looks like a college qb. He's holds the ball too long and is easily flushed from the pocket.  If he can't overcome that by making plays he folds.  He may overcome it but right now he looks uncomfortable in the pocket and like a rookie more than a pro.

He has been hurt the last 2 seasons.  When he comes back he is scared to run and that negates his performance.  When a team can keep him in the pocket and make him throw it gets ugly really quick.  Watch highlights from the Rams game and you will see what I am saying

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has been hurt the last 2 seasons.  When he comes back he is scared to run and that negates his performance.  When a team can keep him in the pocket and make him throw it gets ugly really quick.  Watch highlights from the Rams game and you will see what I am saying

That's what a qb should do. He tries to rely on his running ability too much. You rattle him he either holds on too long trying to make a play or panicks when shouldn't and takes off.  He has an arm but he's still a work in progress.  I like him as a qb but he needs work.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Kyler has said he doesn’t watch a lot of film. Just goes out and wings it within the game plan. That’s a huge red flag.

Yeah, that's not good.

I would say Mayfield would be as talented a quarterback as we've had in a while. The mental / attitude side is what concerns me about him as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Kyler has said he doesn’t watch a lot of film. Just goes out and wings it within the game plan. That’s a huge red flag.

That is just crazy. It explains some things about his game tho. 

I can't even imagine how they prepare if he isn't grinding tape. Luke was a machine and there is a reason he knew what the offense was going to do...just crazy lol.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Chief Keek said:

At this point Rhule should be stripped of all roster control, he should be forced to ride out the season with Darnold. He hitched himself to Teddy, PJ, and Sam so let him go down with the ship.

Exactly.  1 year ago he was ready to push all the chips to the middle of the table on Darnold, and now he wants nothing to do with him.  What changed?  Darnold looked the same as he always has.