• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Judging from Fitt's Comments, Reddick isn't coming back.

Proudiddy

25 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Don't really have a problem with it. I want to see what YGM can do with more reps. 

If we are talking run defense then YGM is arguably our best DE. 

He reminds me so much of Hardy it's scary. Hopefully he can take the same leap he did in his 3rd year.  

And that's the thing, coming out of college Derrick Brown and YGM were damn near elite in run defense iirc. I still think they can grow into that role on the Panthers though. It just doesn't help that we have questionable coaches tasked with helping them develop. 

Btw, didnt we trade away one of our picks to the Bill's for a DE????? ... wth happened to that guy? We signed him and only activated him at practice?

I must remind myself the process is working. 5-7 year plan...smdh

Look agents have already made the had talks and have a good gauge of whats available, well the smart ones with trusted contacts. 

I think Reddick is worth 3 years 36 millions with half guaranteed. If the agent feels thats a low ball figure and got 3+ teams willing to go 50+ over the same years, well goodluck and reddick will be missed.

I believe form about week 1-12, reddick was the best defender on the field. Shaq closed stronger and over-came an injury. 

Thats the deal when you make soooooooooooo many bad deals, someone more deserving/better has to leave. I can not think of one good recent long term deal the panthers had, Cam is the best I can think of.   

Edited by Basbear

7 hours ago, hepcat said:

Reddick's on Twitter saying he didn't struggle against the run. 

I went back and watched a few highlights against teams that ran all over the defense. 

Just on my quick glances, Brian Burns is f*cking TERRIBLE against the run. But that's just my dumbass assessment. I saw his ass on the ground more than any other player on the defense. 

Washington specifically ran towards Brian Burns/Marquis Haynes's side. 

Cowboys just demolished the entire Panthers D-Line

Patriots schemed the defense into hell

Bucs bodied up every Panthers player and put them on the ground

It's just a tiny defense that can't win 1 on 1 matchups

That’s exactly why I said in a thread I started Burns vs Reddick that I would pay Hassan and try to trade Burns

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That’s exactly why I said in a thread I started Burns vs Reddick that I would pay Hassan and try to trade Burns

Reddick isn’t worth the amount of money he will make to our team at its current state. If we were a playoff team needing a piece or two then yeah throw some money at a pricey vet pass rusher. Burns is younger/cheaper. Let YGM have his shot at the other side let’s see how they do. Most of our FA money needs to be on OL anyway. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Do you have a clue on how contracts work? $8M guaranteed means that if we cut him right now he still gets $8M. It’s not spread over 3 years. The deal averages $5.5M. If he plays all 3 years he gets $16.5M, not $9-12M.

Here’s the real deal:

In 2022, he gets $6.4M but he’s still fully guaranteed $8M so if we cut him after 2020, he will get his $8M.

I haven’t seen the full break down, but the $10.1M is spread over the 2 years so about $5M a year in 2023 and 2024. 

From what I read, I think it breaks down like this...

Year 1: 6m bonus (2m per year) + 1m salary (guar) for a cap hit = 3m.

Year 2: 0m bonus (2m per year) + 4m salary (1m guar) for a cap hit = 6m,  Savings if cut = 1m (5m dead)

Year 3: 0m bonus (2m per year) + 5m salary (0m guar) for a cap hit = 7m, Savings if cut = 5m (2 dead)

The pearl-clutching about 5.5m per year is a myth.  He is probably worth 3m in 2022.  No one would come here for less, we don't have the draft capital to replace him, and we don't want to net out a comp pick if possible.

He may be worth the 6m in 2023 if Mcadoo is right. 

He is likely to be cut in year 3 for the 5m in cap savings. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Do you have a know how contracts work? $8M guaranteed means that if we cut him right now he still gets $8M. It’s not spread over 3 years. The deal averages $5.5M. If he plays all 3 years he gets $16.5M, not $9-12M.

Here’s the real deal:

In 2022, he gets $6.4M but he’s still fully guaranteed $8M so if we cut him after 2020, he will get his $8M.

I haven’t seen the full break down, but the $10.1M is spread over the 2 years so about $5M a year in 2023 and 2024. 

Are you asking a question or trying to be insulting?

Someone will likely give him good money.  He’s a good pass rusher and those are valuable.  Not so much against the run, but ehh we aren’t all perfect.  If he took a cheap deal here for some inexplicable reason I’d love to have him back, the whole team would.  But that ain’t happening… so go get your money my guy!