• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats have discussed a trade for Robby Anderson with the Panthers at the combine...

SgtJoo

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

Robby is a good WR who looked like poop with Sam. He dominated with Teddy. You know Robby is a good WR. Jerry Rice would look like poop with Sam. Robby can certainly be traded as we're not doing anything in the next two seasons unless we land Watson.

Enough with the Watson bullshit.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree.

Darnold has had good games in the NFL before. He has it in him. But drawing it out of him requires a lot of work.

Could he be salvaged? Not sure but I'd lean towards no. It'd probably take more time and effort than anyone is likely gonna be willing to put forth.

He's started a ton of games. The vast majority have been bad. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

8 hours ago, pantherj said:

Robby is a good WR who looked like poop with Sam. He dominated with Teddy. You know Robby is a good WR. Jerry Rice would look like poop with Sam. Robby can certainly be traded as we're not doing anything in the next two seasons unless we land Watson.

Why would we want to pay a king's ransom for Watson? He can't even keep his ass out of sex crime trouble. Do you honestly think that moron would make a good team leader? He is good when he plays but he isn't even the best in the league or even close to worth what the Texans want. With that year lay off, who knows if he will even be any good now? But on the bright side he loves him a good happy ending so let's offer him vet minimum restructure and a few massage parlor coupons to see if we can reel him in that way

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, pantherj said:

That would be closer to hyperbole, which can be fun. Have you ever fun?

The 500th attempt to shove Deshaun Watson into a thread that had nothing to do with him wasn't any more "fun" than the first 499 were.

As others said above, give it a rest.

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Amazing that we were under no obligation to extend him after one year in a two year deal. Aren’t you supposed to enjoy have a value contract every once in a while? How can you dole out a $30M two year extension and want to trade that player before you even start the extension. Just shows how bad the deal was. Dump the contract ASAP and hopefully Bill thinks Sam was the problem and Robby is the real deal and gives us a decent pick.

If this deal happens, it shows two things...the Panthers realized they screwed up by giving Robby that kind of deal and two, they are wising up.  Both would be very positive signs.

Just now, stbugs said:

Hopefully. I am not impressed at all by Fitterer but if they get an OK pick then I’ll give him a little more leeway and I’ll back more that Rhule was the entire problem. I still worry that if that’s true then Fitt still didn’t have big enough cahones to tell him he was wrong or as I thought all along, Fitt took part in many of those bad decisions.

I just can’t see the Pats paying him 12.8M, plus at least 5-10M to get rid of Agholar, and give up a draft pick to do it. The Panthers would have to pay most of his base salary for any pick to happen. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, stbugs said:

Hopefully. I am not impressed at all by Fitterer but if they get an OK pick then I’ll give him a little more leeway and I’ll back more that Rhule was the entire problem. I still worry that if that’s true then Fitt still didn’t have big enough cahones to tell him he was wrong or as I thought all along, Fitt took part in many of those bad decisions.

True, but since Rhule has final say so over the roster, Fitt is more like the Door Dash employee...Rhule orders the goods and tasks Fitt to go fetch it.  That was the relationship prior to this year, but I think Tepper is leaning on Rhule to make it a true partnership.  Yes, Fitt singed off on the Robby extension, but who was the one that REALLY wanted the ex-Temple product to remain in the fold?  I doubt Fitt was the one banging the table to not let Robby walk in FA.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

True, but since Rhule has final say so over the roster, Fitt is more like the Door Dash employee...Rhule orders the goods and tasks Fitt to go fetch it. 

If you're defending Fitterer you aren't helping him with comparisons like this. We could have hired anyone to be a yes man even a huddler here.

Just now, frankw said:

If you're defending Fitterer you aren't helping him with comparisons like this. We could have hired anyone to be a yes man even a huddler here.

What he's describing is the standard GM-Coach relationship, even among teams where the coach doesn't have final say.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

What he's describing is the standard GM-Coach relationship, even among teams where the coach doesn't have final say.

After all the years of you and others rightfully blasting Marty Hurney into oblivion for his mismanagement it is tough to watch the mental gymnastics now just because you like the new GM on a personal level. None of that can change the fact he was directly involved in the Sam Darnold trade which will go down as one of the worst in years for any team. These guys are paid the big bucks to evaluate talent.

• Pie 1