• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers have received trade calls for Christian McCaffrey

TheSpecialJuan

4 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

No, but we are probably on course to be a perineal playoff team beginning this season. It’s an extremely young core of guys, with a Kenna drafted replacement that made his first all star appearance in his second season and the Hornets are considered to be one of the most exciting young teams in the league.

We probably are in the playoffs for the next 4-5 seasons 

I mainly ask because I really don’t follow them like I used to. I’m all for moving Carolina forward to a place where we can compete year after year. I just don’t see how trading the best player we have is the wisest decision for the projected price. I get he’s been injured but no one seems to account for the 3 years of nearly 100% snaps and his current production with the third of the games he’s been health for in the last couple of years. I personally believe it’s a usage problem moreso than an chronic injury issue. If he was broken he would be worth anything in the games he’s come back for but anyone with eyes can see that wasn’t the case. 

Y’all can rake me over the coals if you want to but I’m just being as objective as I know how to be.

• Pie 1

Just combed thru 12 pages and I’m blown away that not one person has suggested we’d be looking for a 2023 1st.

His dead money hit is $18.5 mill if traded pre June 1st and only $5.7mill if trade post June 1st. I’d be shocked if we got a 1st in the upcoming draft but I can definitely see us getting a desperate GM willing to part with next year’s 1st…which happens to be in a draft loaded with QB talent. I dunno bout you but I’d prefer a 1st that draft.

Before you say Rhule and Fitty are too desperate to make a move like that for the future, maybe Tepper has an ounce of intelligence and makes it clear that we need ammo for next year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Just combed thru 12 pages and I’m blown away that not one person has suggested we’d be looking for a 2023 1st.

His dead money hit is $18.5 mill if traded pre June 1st and only $5.7mill if trade post June 1st. I’d be shocked if we got a 1st in the upcoming draft but I can definitely see us getting a desperate GM willing to part with next year’s 1st…which happens to be in a draft loaded with QB talent. I dunno bout you but I’d prefer a 1st that draft.

Before you say Rhule and Fitty are too desperate to make a move like that for the future, maybe Tepper has an ounce of intelligence and makes it clear that we need ammo for next year.

They're not trading their best player for picks they'll probably never get to make.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're not trading their best player for picks they'll probably never get to make.

After the debacle this year I was sure Rhule was on his way out the door. I'm not sure what it would take for him to get fired at this point. Obviously performance isn't one of those factors. We set tied/set the NFL record for the worst finish after a 3-0 start. We were embarrassed multiple times by teams that were equal or worse. We've spent multiple draft picks and a lot of cap space on guys that aren't or never were good. I seriously don't know what it would take for Tepper to wake up and see how bad the situation really is, but whatever "IT" is scares the crap out of me in regards to the team's future.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I mainly ask because I really don’t follow them like I used to. I’m all for moving Carolina forward to a place where we can compete year after year. I just don’t see how trading the best player we have is the wisest decision for the projected price. I get he’s been injured but no one seems to account for the 3 years of nearly 100% snaps and his current production with the third of the games he’s been health for in the last couple of years. I personally believe it’s a usage problem moreso than an chronic injury issue. If he was broken he would be worth anything in the games he’s come back for but anyone with eyes can see that wasn’t the case. 

Y’all can rake me over the coals if you want to but I’m just being as objective as I know how to be.

No, I hear your logic and get it. But I just personally think parting ways  would make sense now if we can get a first. To be honest, I don't believe in drafting RBs in the first so I guess almost by default I feel like getting a 1st for one is never a BAD trade. CMC is definitely much more than just a RB though. But by the time we are competing again I feel like his best days will be well behind him

• Beer 1