• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

I had a feeling this was what all the restructures were for. I hope it doesn't happen because it would suck not being able to cheer for my team til the owner and qb are gone. 

Exactly,  this is where I am. If this goes down I will never watch a Panthers game until Tepper sells the team. He's the root of the problem. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

I had a feeling this was what all the restructures were for. I hope it doesn't happen because it would suck not being able to cheer for my team til the owner and qb are gone. 

Well the QB spot may be addressed soon but you can give up on Tepper selling the team.  When was the last time you saw an owner sell his team so quickly after obtaining it?

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My God.  Now you think it's a racial thing? Are you implying I'm a racist because he happens to be African-American?  You have no argument so you try to imply my opinion is based on how I did or did not vote. Pathetic. 

Look, I have always appreciated you, Snow, and, no, I'm not calling you a racist, but I do think you're being hypocritical. And, perhaps more to the point, I think you're being way overly judgmental towards Huddlers who would want Watson IF he is not deemed a criminal. But getting back to hypocrisy and making value judgements based upon that, if you voted for either Trump or Biden, then you voted for--what some people would call--a sexual predator. Does that make you a POS human being? By your logic...

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

You’re going to lose some fans, but you will gain some with a move like this as well. You also will gain some of those fans back if you start winning.

Probably worth the risk.

Yeah. A lot of the people saying they would be done with the team are just blowing smoke 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

2016 and 2020. Now, you know you just got quite a few folks in a “gotcha!!” right there, lol. Hell, with this whole response you did.

At first, I was willing to give whatever it took to obtain Watson. That waivered this past year, but if he comes out Friday pretty clean (no felonies), then I want him. 

I feel the same on Watson. If he's not guilty of a crime, but is guilty of just being a young and dumb perv, I'll give him the grace that others won't give him, but who also give grace to those that have done way worse things in my opinion than him. And I don't think that makes either you or I bad humans because of it. Bad people have not been just getting breaks, but have been elevated as heroes throughout the history of this country.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

This team is already on thin ice with me. If they go through with this, I'm out. You have to draw the line somewhere and I'm not going to be sitting around on Sundays cheering for a known predator.

I would be seriously close to this as well.  If this happens it will be crystal clear that Tepper is too involved and thus the franchise is fuggin doomed

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Look, I have always appreciated you, Snow, and, no, I'm not calling you a racist, but I do think you're being hypocritical. And, perhaps more to the point, I think you're being way overly judgmental towards Huddlers who would want Watson IF he is not deemed a criminal. But getting back to hypocrisy and making value judgements based upon that, if you voted for either Trump or Biden, then you voted for--what some people would call--a sexual predator. Does that make you a POS human being? By your logic...

If, if is always used to brush aside what shouldn't be.  If you are alive you will interact with all kinds of people that if you knew them you would regret having even been in the room with.  There not much you can do if you are ignorant of the fact. Once you know what they are about then you are responsible for your actions beyond that.

Using political figures as some indication of right or wrong is the worst example you could have chosen.  Whether I vote or not depends entirely on what I know about the candidate.  There hasn't been anyone with voting for since it became eligible to vote 42 years ago.  So no, to answer your question neither the former or current dipsh!t is my choice or fault. fug you for making me go there. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Deshaun would make this team worth watching again.. And upset a lot of people. 

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

And they’d all come back around if we started winning again

5 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Yep. Deshaun would give us that elite qb that we need. I hope they get it done

Speaking as the husband of someone who's survived more than one form of sexual victimization, what would you suggest I tell her to explain how watching a football team win is more important than her feelings?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

You can’t win without a top end QB. They cover a lot of holes on a team. Watson would make the team better overall but it will take time to fill the holes. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. It is ironic him coming to this franchise since we just made JR sell the franchise for being a perv. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking as the husband of someone who's survived more than one form of sexual victimization, what would you suggest I tell her to explain how watching a football team win is more important than her feelings?

How does she feel about the payout Jerry gave to his right hand man to cover up the sexual voyeurism with the Dallas Cheerleaders? It is a neat non-disclosure deal and the league won't touch it for some reason. There are scum bags everywhere.