• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

You really have to check out what we’re left with after something like this. 

We absolutely cannot make more of these Darnold/Hendo trades with our 2nds and 3rds if this goes down and I’d imagine we could add a Texans mid round pick to next year as well in return.

I also think 3 first and 2 players is too damn high. 2 firsts+2 players sure, 3 firsts+1 player okay but stretching things thin moving forward. And if 3 firsts, one of those is conditional at the minimum as with the Wentz trade.

When the players discussed are proven 1st rounders on their rookie deals, that’s honestly better value than a first. Burns & Brown would be my choices and they’d have to take on Darnold if they are getting that high of value from us. 

We’re also getting depleted draft wise if we make an offer that outbids other teams. We’d basically be skipping this draft. 

No, I'd rather draft a rookie, and keep the assets. For his situation, the price is too high. 

We're not a QB away, and trading any of our young defensive pieces while paying premium for a QB and no draft picks for a guy who ain't played in a year....

Miss me with that shiiiiii

All the draft picks are one thing. If you give up the pick and all those players, it'll take several years to actually build a team around Watson. And he'll likely be up for a new contract around the same time. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Again. In what world is Watson worth more than Wilson!?

Edited by La Pantera
  • Pie 5