• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

welp we just signed a mid grade safety. no way we'd spend money on that if we weren't trading chinn for somebody and it was already done 👀

The local guys had been saying we were looking to add a safety once FA started regardless of the Watson situation.  My guess was more of a ballhawk-type guy so Chinn could go back to SS and play more in the box.  So, I'm not sure how to take that signing being that no one is safe apparently.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

McClain, @Verge, plenty in Panthers media and others have all said Watson waiving for the Panthers is no issue. It'll all come down to compensation for the Texans, which we seem to be leading in at this point...

I don’t believe that’s what’s going on. Obviously, if he’s meeting with them he’s open to waiving the NTC, depending on the meeting. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be meeting with them. These meetings, imo, are for him to figure out who he wants to waive the clause for. 

54 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Saints just dont have the cap or picks. They do have the players.

Still Im not happy or sad, cause before the tiny towel stuff I did NOT want to trade mars for him given his two ACLs annd doinng "meh" with Texans in his career. 

37 minutes ago, Basbear said:

BEHOLD SOMEONE IS USING THEIR BRAIN!!

saints stuff is pure BS. They would have to cut 4 players and trade young talent- Davenport, Ruiz, Mccoy, etc. And give all future draft picks 1sts, 2nds, and even mids. Plus Payton the QB-guru/elite play caller is at home and wants to have a dallas zip code. 

They are just wasting time with fake ideas and theories. Neither carolina or NO makes sense, but carolina is much much much closer to making check marks on the list than NO.  

I didn’t realize there were still folks that just thought the Saints stuff was smoke and mirrors lol. Just because you choose to be willfully ignorant about HOW they can make it work doesn’t mean that they can’t. Youve been pointed in the direction of articles that can help you understand how, in this very thread. You choose not to look. 

The saints can get to around $20 mil in cap space without cutting a single player. They can get to over $30 mil by extending Armstead, but I’m not sure they want to do that because of the constant injuries. They can very easily work out an extension with Watson, that lowers that $35 million cap hit this year, to something more manageable. 

It’s real simple poo man. They’ve created $70 mil the last few days and haven’t cut anyone. Saints do what they want to get who they want time and time again. 

• Pie 1

John McClain said that Houston was prepared to trade Watson to miami for three 1’s, a 3, and a 5 until the lawsuits

also mentioned that not having a 2nd is probably what will end up costing the panthers a player

theyre going to lose Brian Burns because they traded a 2nd for Sam darnold lol

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The local guys had been saying we were looking to add a safety once FA started regardless of the Watson situation.  My guess was more of a ballhawk-type guy so Chinn could go back to SS and play more in the box.  So, I'm not sure how to take that signing being that no one is safe apparently.

With the signing bonus it's probably like a $2M cap hit so not a big deal