• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Not like we draft that well with our 1st round picks anyways

Right. And look at teams like Miami and Oakland/LV that made "winning" trades to get multiple day one and day two picks. How did it turn out for them? Both blew almost all of those picks. 

• Pie 1

This at least imforms us that trading Wilson to get to Watson, was not SEA's orignal plan.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that the Seahawks did not consider Drew Lock a "throw-in" in the Russell Wilson trade.

"There's a belief among some with Seattle that Lock's issues in Denver were a byproduct of a revolving door of offensive coordinators and a defensive-minded head coach," notes Fowler. Lock is a "viable fallback option," in Seattle's eyes. His three years in Denver strongly suggest the opposite, but with only Jacob Eason on the roster behind him and a fairly weak quarterback draft class, Lock very well could get another trial with the Seahawks. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Based on what?  What you will find is many articles with variations of the EXACT same occurrence...when JR was under scrutiny it was "said" he made ONE comment about ONE scout and it could have been implied to be racist.   Please, outside that one allegation that was hearsay, provide me with evidence JR was this renounced racist.  I'll wait.

JR was on the outs with the League and it was a power grab, I have no doubt.  Yes, he sold on "his own terms" but he was being forced out.  I have not doubt his tenure with the Panthers was coming to it's natural end, but I also have ZERO doubt in my mind if he had the choice, REAL CHOICE...to sale the Panthers on his own terms, David Tepper would have been at the BOTTOM of his list.

Dude whatever, if we get Watson and you leave so be it. You are hung up on his 22 accusations, but not your other buddies 25 accusations.

If we get Watson or not I will still be a Panthers fan. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

This at least imforms us that trading Wilson to get to Watson, was not SEA's orignal plan.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that the Seahawks did not consider Drew Lock a "throw-in" in the Russell Wilson trade.

"There's a belief among some with Seattle that Lock's issues in Denver were a byproduct of a revolving door of offensive coordinators and a defensive-minded head coach," notes Fowler. Lock is a "viable fallback option," in Seattle's eyes. His three years in Denver strongly suggest the opposite, but with only Jacob Eason on the roster behind him and a fairly weak quarterback draft class, Lock very well could get another trial with the Seahawks. 

Sounds like how we tried to convince ourselves that Darnold didn't suck last year

• Pie 3

Just now, therealmjl said:

Sounds like how we tried to convince ourselves that Darnold didn't suck last year

NFL coaches are such egotists. They always think they can be the one to "fix" the guy whose broken. Occasionally you get a Jim Harbaugh/Alex Smith situation where it works, but more often than not, it's a fool's errand. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Dude, it literally was in the headline.  "and on at least one occasion directing a racial slur at an African-American Panthers scout."  Again, I gave you the layup...now find me the evidence he was this unfettered racist.  You can't.  It's a strawman because you didn't like him.

People's biases makes them put some really thick blinders on.  It's so funny.  TWENTY-TWO sexual improprieties is better than one 'supposed' racial slur.  Did JR get convicted of this supposed racial slur?  Oh, I guess it didn't happen, then.

wait

are you saying calling a black scout the n word isn't proof of unfettered racism 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Oh Jesus. It's the "we can fix Darnold" stance all over again. At least they got plenty of other assets in that trade. 

I imagine he really was a throw in in case they need a bridge QB and this is an attempt to sell him to the fanbase as not just an afterthought.

• Pie 2