• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I was told we should patiently rebuild for 4-5 years. Still waiting on that example. 

Has our rebuild even started? We are still at the beginning of the rebuild because of all the idiotic moves these guys have made. so we have to wait 4-5 more years if we follow this guys method? fug that. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Ahhh okay. Now the truth comes out. This is all about not wanting Rhule around. I couldn't give a poo whether Rhule sticks around or not as long as Carolina wins games. I don't think he's very good, but worse coaches have won Super Bowls. 

Worse coaches?  I guess the QB sets the game plans.  I suppose Watson with all his SB rings and appearances will help the coach along.  What Watson doesn't have any?  You don't say.....

The most acceptable trade scenario for me that makes sense for both sides is:

Carolina gets:

Deshaun Watson

Houston gets:

’22, ‘23, ‘24 1st round picks

’23 3rd round pick

Brian Burns

Sam Darnold 

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Not many have mentioned TMJ, but Texans have a young QB and surrounding him with another weapon always helps.

Edited by Julio
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, panthertime said:

Draft Malik Willis and let him understudy under Cam and attempt to rebuild the O-Line from free agency and the draft.

Don’t mortgage the future and give away our many of our top players for Watson.

And if we rebuild the team and Willis sucks, where does that leave us? Giving up multiple firsts to get a legitimate QB three years from now? 

1 minute ago, panthertime said:

Draft Malik Willis and let him understudy under Cam and attempt to rebuild the O-Line from free agency and the draft.

Don’t mortgage the future and give away our many of our top players for Watson.

Cam is a free agent.

Some team will probably trade up to take Malik in front of us. 

I would rather trade picks for a guy I know can play QB at the NFL level than an unproven rookie, especially one that played his college ball for Liberty. 

1 minute ago, Julio said:

The most acceptable trade scenario that makes sense for both sides is:

Carolina gets:

Deshaun Watson

Houston gets:

’23 3rd round pick

Brian Burns

Sam Darnold 

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Not many have mentioned TMJ, but Texans have a young QB and surrounding him with another weapon always helps.

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If we have to trade up some to get a franchise QB  next year, then so be it.  It's not THREE first rounders, a 2nd, 3rd and two key defensive players.  Oh by the way, clown-boy is roaming the sidelines.

I am nearly certain that if Watson goes elsewhere this team will be bad enough to get a top 15 pick. Zero doubt in my mind.  Will we have to trade up for a QB?  Possibly, but it won't be for the stupidly-insane amount we are willing to give up for Watson. 

yeah, no poo the price tag will be lower, because no rookie QB is anywhere near the surefire talent of Watson. there's also substantial risk that the guy you trade up for ends up stinking up the joint, and you've then you've set yourself back years. 

15 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of a team that "patiently" (and successfully) rebuilds for 4-5 years

No such thing as a 4 or 5 year rebuild. Most NFL players careers aren’t even that long. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Basically every team's rebuild time is the period of time it takes them to draft a top tier QB.

The Rams drafted Jared Goff at the start of their rebuild, and accumulated tons of talent around him and on defense.  They realized Goff wasn't going to be enough, so they cashed out their future 1sts to go all in on the roster they built.

The Broncos traded for Wilson because correct or not, they believe they have a Super Bowl roster waiting for him.

We're just hot shotting a trade for a veteran franchise QB without the roster to go with it.  I don't understand why our current FO is so averse to drafting their own QB, when that's literally how any team goes from being bad to good.  They draft their own QB.

49ers managed to do it twice within a decade and they didn't make any lopsided trades, the roster was built through the draft and Free Agency.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Julio said:

The most acceptable trade scenario for me that makes sense for both sides is:

Carolina gets:

Deshaun Watson

Houston gets:

’23 3rd round pick

Brian Burns

Sam Darnold 

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Texans have Nico Colins, Chris Conley, and Brandin Cooks. They arent looking for WRs

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Worse coaches?  I guess the QB sets the game plans.  I suppose Watson with all his SB rings and appearances will help the coach along.  What Watson doesn't have any?  You don't say.....

Right, only QBs who have already won Super Bowls can win Super Bowls. Good point. You win. I give up.