• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

25 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If deshaun chooses Seattle over us, it wont bother me. They are the worst team in a really good division and their QB just forced himself out. Have fun trying to win there 

And, it would make no sinse when Wilson would have been cheaper. They need to go all in on defense and get an average QB. It's how they won it all in 2013.

48 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

It's one thing to say Rhule has total control, but how his desires are carried out makes all the difference.  It's about creativity and getting the right price.  Hurney was terrible at this, but Fitterer has demonstrated some talent in this regard.

Recall, Fitterer came along in January 2021.  This was after Teddy, CMC's extension, the Boston signing, the Okung trade, the KK contract change, and the Weatherly signing.  I don't know who Roberts is.

We don't know about Robby yet.  He's still got two years left, although he is certainly off to a disappointing start.  I didn't like it, but he was coming off a 1,000 yard season, so i can see the logic.  They may have had some concerns about DJ costing too much going forward so they wanted to lock Anderson up and get Marshall in as well.  We'll see.

Erving and Elflein were decent signings.  I don't see those as much of an overpay.  You can't find vet FA guards for much less, and they are flexible.  Had Sewell dropped one more spot, the line would have looked much different.  I also think our OL coach and OC were terrible, which hurt the line play overall.  They needed to be replaced.  We'll see how they do this year with hopefully better coaching.

I liked the Thomas re-sign.  A guy with experience with his teammates and coaches that has shown some positive flashes in a non-TE focused offense.  Let's see what he can do when the TEs are actually used as receivers in a real NFL offense.  I think we'll find his contract is about where it should be. Not sure there were viable TE options available in FA this year.  Plus we don't burn a comp pick signing someone else that might be slightly better or burn our 4th rounder on a rookie that will not be able to contribute anything for a year or two.

Get this logic and potential positivity out of here! We’re only allowed to show negativity and related emotion.

Come on man! 

Edited by falconlynx
  • Pie 1

So I am thinking outside the box a little on this theory but What if Watson wants to come here knowing very well Rhule could be on his way out next year???

Hear me out on this: Watson comes here, team continues to build, Rhule gets fired, and Watson has a say on who becomes head coach... 

Which could lead to his preferred choice.... Brian Flores. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

So I am thinking outside the box a little on this theory but What if Watson wants to come here knowing very well Rhule could be on his way out next year???

Hear me out on this: Watson comes here, team continues to build, Rhule gets fired, and Watson has a say on who becomes head coach... 

So. Watson tanks on purpose next year.   Brilliant 

11 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Probably not exactly like that, but it's very plausible if Rhule doesn't win next year AND we have Watson, we can get a really good coach next offseason with a bunch of increased cap space and a franchise QB

44 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

It's one thing to say Rhule has total control, but how his desires are carried out makes all the difference.  It's about creativity and getting the right price.  Hurney was terrible at this, but Fitterer has demonstrated some talent in this regard.

Recall, Fitterer came along in January 2021.  This was after Teddy, CMC's extension, the Boston signing, the Okung trade, the KK contract change, and the Weatherly signing.  I don't know who Roberts is.

We don't know about Robby yet.  He's still got two years left, although he is certainly off to a disappointing start.  I didn't like it, but he was coming off a 1,000 yard season, so i can see the logic.  They may have had some concerns about DJ costing too much going forward so they wanted to lock Anderson up and get Marshall in as well.  We'll see.

Erving and Elflein were decent signings.  I don't see those as much of an overpay.  You can't find vet FA guards for much less, and they are flexible.  Had Sewell dropped one more spot, the line would have looked much different.  I also think our OL coach and OC were terrible, which hurt the line play overall.  They needed to be replaced.  We'll see how they do this year with hopefully better coaching.

I liked the Thomas re-sign.  A guy with experience with his teammates and coaches that has shown some positive flashes in a non-TE focused offense.  Let's see what he can do when the TEs are actually used as receivers in a real NFL offense.  I think we'll find his contract is about where it should be. Not sure there were viable TE options available in FA this year.  Plus we don't burn a comp pick signing someone else that might be slightly better or burn our 4th rounder on a rookie that will not be able to contribute anything for a year or two.

Here we go again. 

What exactly did Hurney do? What desires did he not carry out. The answer is none. Rhule didn’t want a real GM, because he made the all the decisions. And the cap guru who you said wasn’t there in 2020 actually was. So if anyone takes blame for the wasted money it’s him. What magical things did Fitterer do to make things better? Darnold trade/option, Signing two of the worst OL in the NFL(if they happen to be healthy) day one of FA, instead of taking the 14.5M guaranteed and got one good OL. Flexible on this OL just means the player can suck at multiple positions. That’s if Fitterer did anything at all. You don’t overpay one WR just because you think another might play well enough to have to pay. Especially after drafting a WR in the 2nd round. That’s ignorant. Maybe try saving it for the one that is actually good. Now they can’t give RA away. 

And a TE like Thomas can be signed anytime this summer. With no worry about comp pick formula. Not that his 5.5/yr would be around a 7th anyhow. The fact that you can’t see how bad that was is just par for the course. They burned a 3rd round pick on a TE last year but still felt the need to give Thomas double(or more) what he’s worth. 

All 5 win teams make mostly good decisions. What level of incompetence is required to say things might not be working out with the current coaching staff and front office.