• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

3 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s one thing if the team sucks, but for our owner to be acting like an idiot asshole so openly it kind of just makes me totally disinterested in cheering for the team. I just don’t see the point. I guess just focusing on the players as much as possible, but there are players all around the league to cheer for. 

What are you even talking about?  How is Tepper acting like an "idiot asshole" out in the open?  He has not even spoken publicly about this. 

3 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s one thing if the team sucks, but for our owner to be acting like an idiot asshole so openly it kind of just makes me totally disinterested in cheering for the team. I just don’t see the point. I guess just focusing on the players as much as possible, but there are players all around the league to cheer for. 

Personally I think he deserves whatever he gets. 
Being owners of 2 really bad teams is kinda funny. Panthers suck, Charlotte FC sucks. Seems like comeuppance. 

4 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

They should keep Fitterer. That dude is magic for the draft. I can do a new coach. But they are dumb if they let Fit go. But if there is no other way, then I guess it makes sense. We are going nowhere without a good QB. 

I just want to see Fitt with a coach he actually hired. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

They should keep Fitterer. That dude is magic for the draft. I can do a new coach. But they are dumb if they let Fit go. But if there is no other way, then I guess it makes sense. We are going nowhere without a good QB. 

Yeah man drafting a long snapper over an olineman was magical for sure.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh wee mayne. Tepper is really gonna offer this guy a GM/HC/QB role. 🤣

Didn't work giving a HC extra power. Figures he'll try the player-controlled franchise now.

On page 129, I publicly let it be known that I will give up my fan card if Tepper makes the decision to tear down a broken team further to bring in Watson.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned specifically, but it's been touched on by other posters, is the value of our 6th overall this year vs. other competing offers. Because the value of future picks is reduced by about 1 round per year into the future, our 6th overall this year is worth approximately the same as a mid-first round pick each of the next 3 drafts.

If Burns and Chinn are worth a late first each, then our 6th overall this year and those two players is equivalent to 3 1s this year, and a first in each of the next 2 drafts (5 1sts overall). That should be more than enough to meet their asking price, right?! If so, we would have our QB and all of our picks starting next year to start building the team around him. What am I missing (besides the fact that we are probably going to give up far more than Houston's original asking price)?

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Rhule, Fitterer, and Tepper in a room will outplay Dennis Allen, Mickey Loomis and a Benson.

Dude you are gonna be hospitalized if we don’t get him.  Way too emotionally invested dog

Edited by Shocker