• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Would be absolutely hilarious if we acquired Watson tomorrow and Tepper immediately fired Rhule and we hire Bienemy or something 

I think it could happen.  I have found Tepper's silence--especially about his coach--to be odd.  This would make it make sense to me.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

What happens when the Flores/Watson GOD TIER combo misses the Playoffs? Who the F will people around here blame then?

We can continue to blame Matt Rhule for anything that goes wrong with the Panthers for 3 years after we fire him.  No worries.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Our RB is forever hurt, might be part of the trade.  Our OL already is missing two parts, maybe three. Any team that gets Watson is losing draft picks, so that's a wash.  We have more cap room than the Saints.  Again, is that in Watson's consideration?  'I want to go to a team with lots of cap space'.  Nah, not seeing that as a factor in his decision.

Forever hurt or being in jail what might workout better??

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

Would be absolutely hilarious if we acquired Watson tomorrow and Tepper immediately fired Rhule and we hire Bienemy or something 

I don’t think Bienemy is on anyone’s radar. He’s been inexplicably passed over by multiple teams with HC openings over the last few years. If any of this is true about Watson (which I think is highly doubtful and pure speculation), look for Brian Flores to be at the top of the list to replace Rhule.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Rhule's not getting fired this year. It's likely a "give it a year and if it doesn't work out, we'll let you have significant input on the next guy." It's really late in the off-season to try to pull off a coaching change for any non-emergency issue.

Makes sense b/c if Watson did come here then he would probably have to sit 6ish games...

• Pie 1