• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean I think Watson is better too but I am more so playing the devils advocate of why it might not be a great idea to expend all these resources on a guy that really still isn't a completely proven commodity. 

Hence the core of my counter argument about the price. Stafford and Wilson were PROVEN commodities. Time tested. Watson just isn't.

I won't argue against the talent level, that is obvious.

I think if Watson was in his 30's like both Stafford and Wilson are. The price wouldn't be as much. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean I think Watson is better too but I am more so playing the devils advocate of why it might not be a great idea to expand all these resources on a guy that really still isn't a completely proven commodity. 

Hence the core of my counter argument about the price. Stafford and Wilson were PROVEN commodities. Time tested. Watson just isn't.

I won't argue against the talent level, that is obvious.

Stafford was tested against what? He went to three playoff games in 12 years with Detroit. If anything, there were more questions about him than Watson. Watson accomplished as much as Stafford from 2009-2020, if not more, within 4 years.

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I advocate holding onto the best running back in the NFL, a multi-position All-Pro player who's been healthy since Christmas and was held out to tank. But for a good price (an actually good one, not a second-round pick Rhule will use on some loser he recruited), I would be willing to part with most any non-Burns or Moore player. 

I want a plan in place that offsets the recent stupidity. I want to extend Moore, fortify the offensive line, and fire Matt Rhule. I want to keep Brian Burns, a Pro Bowl DE on a rookie contract, and I want to add a run-stuffing DT in the draft. 

The stuff about holding CMC out is fan speculation. There is a truth we know even if you do not want to admit it. He is not the do all offensive piece you or the coaches have hoped for. Having the best RB cannot make up for not having a franchise QB. I'd like those things you mention too but I don't think it all happens together with a franchise QB. By the time we back our way into one the core will either be aged out or sign elsewhere. You can't just wait around hoping the next franchise QB will fall into your lap. Either you just suck and draft one every year or you make a move when one becomes available which is not often. That's where we're at 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1

Just now, Smittymoose said:

Stafford was tested against what? He went to three playoff games in 12 years with Detroit. If anything, there were more questions about him than Watson. Watson accomplished as much as Stafford from 2009-2020, if not more, within 4 years.

Lol. No he didn't but believe what you want.

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I think if Watson was in his 30's like both Stafford and Wilson are. The price wouldn't be as much. 

We will see. Whether he ends up here or not, the final price will be interesting.

How about this scenario, New Orleans and us get in a bidding war and Tepper gives up 4 1st rounders and some change because he doesn't want his guy to get away. Is that too much?

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

The browns have everything he wants though. Great line, good coach, good defense. That was the wildcard team some people were worried about. The Texans do have a little power here where they can say “here these are the teams with the best packages you can waive your ntc” and that could exclude the browns, because they are an AFC team.

last I read their package was really weak. Like 2 1sts 2 2nds mayfield and one other player. Maybe they upped it idk.

I’d laugh my ass off if he chose Cleveland.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Verge said:

Expect a decision today. If that wasn't obvious already.

x.png.ec602fefd0a19a8c724b5a3941fb43ed.png

Not trying to be that guy, but you have zero credibility. Beyond just having no check, nobody serious about this field is going to put their pronouns/gender in their description/bio. You're a Panthers fan on the opposite side of the country? Must have some good sources out there with those Bills fans. You write for a Panther-themed 'website', but immediately separate your opinions/takes from them. You put out insider information that apparently not even Schefter has, and yet you claim you aren't a source? And then you put it out there? Surprised nobody's called out all the contradictions when your twitter feed is loaded with "Could, potentially, may," etc. Clearly words distancing yourself from the blowback if you're wrong.

"This is entirely made up, in case you couldn't tell. Confirmed it not to be the case." Not a source?

"I do not have any info on Watson right now. I will update you when I do." Not a source?

"The feeling in the Carolina building was described to me as "optimistic"." Not a source?

x2.png.2e7037adbdde47fea4943cb65d536376.png Not a source?

There's a ton more, too. You can't not be a source and report 'insider information. Smells fishy.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 15