• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

41 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

To me the real question is why is he worth more than Stafford or Wilson? Both those QB's now have a ring and have played at an elite level for years. 

So what makes Watson worth more in trade value? I honestly can't wrap my head around that.

Age might be the only answer

41 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

All Watson's personal foibles aside, if we trade what has been touted for this one guy, it is going to be a huge huge mistake that will haunt this franchise for a long friggin time.

It is a huge gamble and it could indeed backfire.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just don’t want to see the franchise lose Brown, Burns, Chinn for a guy who QBd a four win team recently. 

Get on the Watson or Pickett train because they're hellbent, those are apparently our choices.

I wasn't down for this either but given the choice, I'd have to pull for Watson.

41 minutes ago, joemac said:

Jesus Christ, we're sitting here waiting for a decision about Deshaun Watson, and you come in talking about Gardner freaking Minshew?!?!fuck outta here the kid mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Not really--he is talking about Gardner Minshew and Burns, Chinn, three first rounders...I see the point.  I am on the Watson bus, but I too wonder.  Remember, a former Saints backup took us to the Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just don’t want to see the franchise lose Brown, Burns, Chinn for a guy who QBd a four win team recently. 

Why only focus on that? Stafford went from 3 wins in 2019 to 5 wins in 2020 and everyone jumping on his dick in 2021 wanting to trade for him.

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Interesting to see the stark contrast in tone of the two Watson threads at the moment.

The price is too high. He’s a good player but you’re just giving the Texans a couple Super Bowls. 

And, obviously, giving this franchise the death knell many expected from Tepper. 

Edited by Carl Spackler

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly. He was basically putting up Kirk Cousins type numbers when the Texans we're actually competitive. His one elite stat season came when they went 4-12.

Lol dude get outta here with that, Watson is on another friggin planet than Cousins

• Beer 1