• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

Just now, Tbe said:

Stupid. The Taints have pick 28. What players are they giving up?

I think we have the best offer but DW prefers a different team for obvious reasons.

If only Tepper had fired Rhule for a real coach.

I don’t understand how or what the saints would trade for him they have no young pieces that are elite like we do … if he goes there he’s a straight clown 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

nothing is real 

I’m thinking that this is just a tactic coming from the Deshaun’s camp in order to raise the amount of guarantee portion of his new contract he may get from the Panthers. 

Houston has the amount of compensation they would need in order to have the Deshaun meet with the Panthers so that’s been known and taken care of. This seems like a secondary negotiation after yesterday‘s meeting.

However it could just be Houston playing games to up the amount of capital that is needed to finalize the deal.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

But this is why I'm checking out...  fug Trey Lance and whatever else they have to offer...  not one of the teams that have been named has a better package with more value than what we have offered that can actually complete the deal, in both players and pick position. 

So of that is a fact, which it is, then the fact that we are still here with him inviting more meetings from teams who can't offer ehat we have while still provding him the best offensive supporting cast possible, means he does not want to come here.  He knows these other teams can't make the same kind of offer we did to ensure they're content and the deal gets done, so why else would you be meeting with them?

We completely wasted our time.

I mean it's a wise move on his part to talk to the teams. For a year, he's been persona non grata to all the NFL teams except us and the Dolphins last year. All the teams coming up now would want to talk so he should listen, that's being smart about your business. But no one will outbid Tepper at this point if it gets to that. I believe that the reason why the deal isn't done is because we are trying to not give up players and Houston wants it so now people who they were telling no to, they are now allowing to speak to try and force more. 

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

He has an interest too in seeing how much he's going to get paid. He gambled and went short-term/high AAV. This is his chance to play a shadow free agency game. 

Well If he’d rather get paid then win then add another reason we should move on