• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Armstead and draft Tyler Linderbaum

RIPTreyLance

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

The number of people who want to draft a tiny center at #6 overall is amazing to me.

Let's compare combine numbers....

Tyler Linderbaum Combine Numbers

• 6'2"
  • 296 pounds
  • 31 1/8 arms
  • 10" hands

Ryan Kalil Combine Numbers

• 6'2"
  • 299 pounds
  • 31 1/2 arms
  • 10" hands

Let's leave it to Matt Rhule to get too caught up in those numbers. If Linderbaum can be the next Ryan Kalil for us for the next decade, I have no problem with him at #6. I would also be fine with one of the top LT's at #6, and picking up (Browns former Center) JC Tretter if possible.

• Pie 4

21 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Team is fixed 

Why would you spend $8m a year on a player who might become a good center when a proven good center just hit the market because he was a cap casualty because he was due around $8m?

Another way to look at it:

Pay Armstead $20m to play LT and draft Linderbaum to play center at $8m

or

Pay a FA like Tretter around $8-10 a year, or less, to play Center and draft a LT such as Cross to play LT at $8m a year.

You basically just saved $10 to $12 million that you can spend on another free agent.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

• 6'2"
  • 296 pounds
  • 31 1/8 arms
  • 10" hands

• 6'2"
  • 299 pounds
  • 31 1/2 arms
  • 10" hands

Let's leave it to Matt Rhule to get too caught up in those numbers. If Linderbaum can be the next Ryan Kalil for us for the next decade, I have no problem with him at #6. I would also be fine with one of the top LT's at #6, and picking up (Browns former Center) JC Tretter if possible.

I don't want us taking linderbaum at 6 but would be fine with litte trade back then pick,  but stuff like this is irrelevant.  Tom brady had a terrible combine and ran a 40 measured on a Mayan calendar, Sam darnolds combine was supposed to be good enough to make him the #1 pick so picking and choosing comparisons for the sake of argument is just a poor argument.

Edited by Carolina Cajun
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

• 6'2"
  • 296 pounds
  • 31 1/8 arms
  • 10" hands

• 6'2"
  • 299 pounds
  • 31 1/2 arms
  • 10" hands

Jfc one was a second round pick, not #6

9 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

• 6'2"
  • 296 pounds
  • 31 1/8 arms
  • 10" hands

• 6'2"
  • 299 pounds
  • 31 1/2 arms
  • 10" hands

That's cute, but Ryan Kalil wouldn't be worth the 6th overall pick either, even if there was a guarantee he'd be that good. 

• Pie 1