• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

24 minutes ago, RJK said:

The Falcons just announced a re-signing 15 minutes ago...if anything had happened with Ryans contract we would have heard by now right? RIGHT?

Like many other BS in this ongoing saga, that Ryan bonus is another. Its true, but its tomorrow AND its not due until aprill 15th whatever that means. Only thing it changes is ATL will have 8.5 more dead money if they dont move him before they trade for Watson. 

I still dont get how on earth saints or atlanta are in this, yea carolina has its own issues but many overlap with these teams- poor coaching staff, no one made playoffs. I mean it looks like panthers have the best young talent to offer and the best overall draft capital. The panthers 6th overall is worth more than the saints entire 2022 draft pool. ATL has piss poor talent at WR, RB, and weak defensive. Saints have the better overall roster but everyone has insane deadcap now with all the contract BS. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

Click twice on the dead cap, they are truly screwed in future years. I dont care about their past cap magic, Watsons team HAS to realize this teams faults.... atl has far less talents than panthers and ryan with his 50 million number. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

It’s odd isn’t it. Obviously not saying we get him, but they have painted us in a horrible light. Nvm the really good cap space, the weapons, promising him the moon, his agent is the agent of three or four of our players, being back in Carolina bc there was that rumor that he could finish school...but sure the two teams with horrendous cap space can get him. 

It is very odd. Trying to fleece the new guy maybe?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Possibly, but that report earlier said the Falcons said if he didn't decide by 4pm today they were out.  But, haven't heard anything about that report since then, but its awfully convenient how Twitter has went dead silent since 4pm lol.

Guess they gotta come up with a new favorite team to swoop in now.

OR it's tomorrow. If time was up on ATL they'd report it. Take your tin foil hat off.

16 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Thats pretty much where I'm at.  Watson would have been exciting, but if we trade for Jimmy G or Baker that's just awful.  Best to just stay out of that market now.

I agree with you on staying put I think he are like many who hate Jimmy G. He isn't flashy. He makes some bone head throws and decisions. Fact is he is 6-2 in the playoffs. With a team built on running the ball and playing solid defense. Sounds exactly the quarterback Rhule would want for his offense. Fantasy football is for stats..Playoffs are for wins. It's something he has proven to do when healthy. Something Watson hasn't achieved. Nor Baker. Nor our beloved Cam. Draft Sam Howell and let him sit a year or 2 behind Jimmy G. JG knows he is nothing but a band aid. And him and that fella in K.C. have both said they were thankful to sit and learn from great PROFESSIONAL QBs. 

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

OR it's tomorrow. If time was up on ATL they'd report it. Take your tin foil hat off.

I'm repeating a report.  I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat.  Its somewhere in this thread...  and I believe Rapoport is the one that reported it.

• Pie 1